Being bombed by my allies?

The Frederick

Chieftain
Every turn, a bomber from one of my vassals flies over one of my cities and bombs my units. I can't intercept and I can't reciprocate with my own bombers. What the hell is going on?

Are they bombing you or are they performing a recon mission? Vassals can't attack you and no enemy could base a unit in your vassal's cities.

Well, when they fly over, there's a little explosion and my unit shakes. So, yeah, looks like a bombing to me.

Plus, I can see the vassal's colours on the bomber.

You may want to check the event log in the upper left corner of the screen. The event log will tell you what unit attacked and who owns it. The bomber may be from another AI with a colour that is close to your vassals colour.

It's just a recon, not bombing. If a recon goes directly over a unit, you'll see it shooting at the aircraft, but without causing any damage.

It doesn't give my any notifications of the event, and my units don't seem to take any damage. And there's no other AI with colours like the vassals. And it's coming out of a vassal's city.

Could it just be some weird glitch?

It's just a recon, not bombing. If a recon goes directly over a unit, you'll see it shooting at the aircraft, but without causing any damage.

Ahh, thanks. Well, that's silly animation, isn't it?

Wonder why it happens every single turn, though.

EDIT: Actually, I misread your post. It doesn't show my unit shooting the plane, it shows the plane dropping something on my unit.

Do you actualy see something being dropped, like in the air strike, or just an explosion? At first, I'll also thought that the recon looks like air strike, until I saw my infantry firing their rifles at the aircraft. On some units you can hardly notice a difference.

Try doing a recon mission, directly on neutral unit, and see how different units react.

I think it may actually be a case of the explosion being my units' gunfire. I'd have to check.

Ran my own recon run to see what it looks like, and yep, it's recon. But that doesn't change the fact that recon looks like bombing, what's up with that?

Top Bottom