• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Berry Province -- Term 5 discussion

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
This thread is for discussions on Berry province matters, such as build queues, should wonders be built here, etc.

To start off, I would like to aim for at least one city in our beautiful capitol province to be building an improvement of some kind at all times, at least while there are improvements to build. It would not be right for our people to have all work on military production and no play. What do you, the fine citizens of Fanatica, think about this?

OK, here's something a little more concrete -- build queues for 1430AD.

Deux Rivieres
This one requires intermixing build queues and MM instructions.
Infantry (1), Cav(2) but MM to get shields above 80 after corruption with a food defecit => Cav(1)
Arty(1), Cav(1), MM to maximize food and Infantry(2) repeat until food box is full, then switch
back to Cav and MM to maximize shields, rinse & repeat. We'll put in a Bank beginning of next TC.

Huntington
Cav(1), Arty(2), Cathedral (4), Cav(2), Cav(2)
Need input from military on whether more ironclads are needed

Vo Mimbre
Switch to Factory(12)

Santa Lucia
Cav(1), University(7), Cav(3)

Antilla
Barracks(3), Cav(12)

Kobayashi City
Library(28)

Liebling
Library(15)

Montpellier
Cav(2), Factory(9)

Bootsville
Infantry(5), MM new citizen to hill, Cav(4)

IMHO you need not build ironclads. St. Octaviansburg builds 2 more and in 4 turns (combustion) will crank out a destroyer every 2 turns. (Please note: I suggest some tile shuffling including a tile currently worked by Huntington but in Audiac Province to get the necessary 60 shields per turn. IIRC this will not slow down Huntington's capability to build military units in 2 turns.)

Cijam and Ooligaria both do not have barracks and thus together build artillery every turn. Therefore I suggest that Deux Riviere and Huntington (with barracks) do not build artillery but concentrate on cavalry.

I would also suggest a library first for Antilla to get access to the whales and stimulate growth. The barracks/cavalry will come too late for the next 2 wars and thus is IMHO not first priority.

Bootsville would also contribute A LOT more commerce/science with market, library, university. Thus I would build these first, but you may still want to do otherwise.

Originally posted by tao

I would also suggest a library first for Antilla to get access to the whales and stimulate growth. The barracks/cavalry will come too late for the next 2 wars and thus is IMHO not first priority.

Bootsville would also contribute A LOT more commerce/science with market, library, university. Thus I would build these first, but you may still want to do otherwise.

I looked at these changes too, and they seem reasonable enough. It's a bit dissapointing that nobody else is commenting, especially when some people are lamenting the lack of places to comment.

Again I'm agreeing with Tao :eek:, we don't need any more ironclads. We can use the ones we have to patrol the waters for any AI ships (of which we'll probably see very little of).

Top Bottom