1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Ancient Wonder

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by MidnightRambler, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Pete2006

Pete2006 Prince

Perhaps you think Prince is a higher level? No chance for CS on Emporer+.

If you can build Stonehenge + Oracle with a Phil Civ, you can get 2 Prophets VERY quickly and you could take Monarchy with the Oracle to solve happiness problems, found a religion and build the shrine.

2. Tatran

Tatran Deity

The Pyramids,but I almost never build any ancient wonders
    unless I have stone and/or marble or playing an Ind civ.
    I simply need the resources to build up a military to keep
    the barbs out and the AIs busy.

3. luckynick

luckynick Chieftain

getting cs from oracle on emperor or higher ? bwahahah ! lucky if you get before the AI (unless you have marble and/or indus) and more lucky if you manage to get writting in addition so you can jump to theology or CoL.

Anyway i think in high level you count your trees like a precious treasure. What i mean is that if i haven't the stone i would not bother building the pyramids myself. It also depends on wich path you take 1st. If you have massive gold tiles in your first city + mysti you may want to found, so it can be interresting after that to go for priesthood and build oracle as it's cheap.

But if i have both options i prefer pyramids, period. the effect stack up as turns goes and it never become obsolete.

4. Gherald

Gherald Prince

Erm, isn't Prince is almost indistinguishable from Noble? (at least it was to me last I tried it back in November). I certainly wouldn't call it "higher".

Monarch and Emperor are "higher". I CS on Emperor regularly... with Asoka, at least.