Best Current Mods and particularly Combos of Mods

TheDisco

Warlord
Now that we are in the phase of lots of smaller mod components while the big cohesive modpacks (e.g. RoM) are still months away, I was hoping some would give their opinions on the best mods currently out there. Particularly, which combinations of mods that together form the best experience as of today. To me it looks like there are already some good ones from simple UI modifications to gameplay balance and economy tweaks to new civilizations. Question is, do any of these mods collide when played together (e.g., piecmealing our own personal "modpack") and if there are multiple tackling gameplay "balance" is there any consensus yet on which are the best ones to play?

To me the interesting ones seem to be:

1) The various balance mods
2) Economy mod
3) Unit/promotion tooltips
4) Resource info tooltip improvement
5) Clock (ha, amazing how dawn sneaks up on you without this)
6) A couple new civs
7) Hardwood resource mod
8) Some new city states
9) Tectonics map generation
10) Improved city defense and AI mod

And some others. Its already getting hard to keep up and the mod browser needs some improvements. One great feature to the mod browser would be a user recommended section where you can get others recommendations on which mods to use and have them all download install together. There are a few users such as the developers of the big modpacks that I would love to be able to see the daily/weekly status of which mods they were currently playing with when they play...

If someone wants to compile a list of the best UI-only mods, that wold be very helpful...

Top Bottom