Best Earth-map is..

Which Earth-map do you think is the best?

• Shiggs

Votes: 33 30.8%
  • Keith's

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • TSL, Dale

Votes: 38 35.5%
  • Dark_Jedi

Votes: 16 15.0%
  • Gedemons

Votes: 15 14.0%

• Total voters

aguds

Warlord
There seem to be several mappers going for the same approach. Which one do you favour? Tell me if I should put more options in the poll.

Why is TSL, Dale the best Earth map? It's already got the majority of the votes. There are alot of maps that are improvements of Dale's map, shouldn't they be used instead?

Got to say 'mine'
Or rather my conversion of Earth evolution from civ 4
its not perfect but its alot more balanced than rhyes because its not missing the copper stone clams and crab (theyre replaced), The others have random resources, which tends to bother me when I end up with a terrible capital or china and say no silk.

gotta say i voted for myself! thats one votes woopwoopwoop!.
seriously though, mine doesnt have random resources. they're placed for balance, rather than historical accuracy.

Shiggs is good - thats the first earth map i played didnt even bother with firaxis - hate random starts on earth maps!!!

well sure, I like mine the best, but I am glad there are many others out there now, so hopefully everyone can find one they really enjoy.

I really enjoyed playing shiggs' map
It's real good after I got it I rarely try others because I alrdy had a lot of fun playing it.
Which kinda makes sense for the definition of a good map

Shiggs map, BY FAR.

Why, though? Just asking, hehe.

Anways, I would say Gedemons, for the following reasons:

-Great Britain is always getting the short end of the stick from many of the TSL maps I have seen here. Either that, or it's far too big. In Gedemons, you can fit up to 5-6 cities in Britain, before taking over Edinburgh.

-Japan isn't just a giant blob of landmass.

-It's quite large.

-The City States

-It isn't just a map. It's a mod.

These are my reasons :p

Top Bottom