Best goodie hut stuff?

Once you pass Noble, huts start doing more harm than good, since the AI will get better results than you do. After losing my starting warrior/scout to hostile tribes three huts in a row (on three different games), I just turned them off and haven't looked back. Fighting wild animals is enough gambling for me, thanks.

I wonder what percentage of players leave huts off? I've taken to leaving them off myself as well as events.

Below Noble, there's a subtle difficulty with huts. Without huts, a new player doesn't have the temptation to go on a hut hunting excursion. It helps train good scouting patterns by removing temptation. I found it helped removing my temptation to go off on a wild scout chase.

The only reason I see for playing with huts is that it feels like a lot of the early economic game was balanced with hut gold in mind. If someone made a mod where huts only gave 40 gold apiece (maybe scaled by game speed), I'd probably play with huts in that mod. Every other outcome from huts is either far overpowered or far underpowered.

Once you pass Noble, huts start doing more harm than good, since the AI will get better results than you do. After losing my starting warrior/scout to hostile tribes three huts in a row (on three different games), I just turned them off and haven't looked back. Fighting wild animals is enough gambling for me, thanks.

and on immortal+ the ai starts with free scouts, so they get way more out of it than you do.

Top Bottom