Best map generator for BUG/BAT?

riddleofsteel

Office Linebacker
I am looking for a really good map to play on when I use BAT 2.0. I thought PlanetGenerator was too volatile, I was getting volcanoes wiping out my improvements before AD. Any other recommendations? Thanks!

PG is one of my favorites. The volcanoes are random events unrelated to the map except that they require peaks to occur. I don't think the likelihood of an eruption is tied to the number of peaks, however (but I haven't looked at the code).

SmartMap is great for crazy landmasses with lots of flood plains on non-desert terrain. Expect the AIs to make good use of the extra food.

The latest versions of each (since they haven't been updated in a while) should be installed with BUG and BAT.

I love the PG, though I have a few complaints about it- the minimum distance between continents is always the actual distance- you end up with a string of continents all N tiles apart and will never wind up with a Continents style setup with hemispheres. Also, sometimes it puts jungles on plains, which is just weird (and seems to confuse workers- I've had workers on a plains/jungle not be allowed to build a cottage, but if I clear the jungle first as its own action, the cottage action un-greys out).

But I use it anyway because I like the maps overall. Though they are a bit overfond of lakes- I've seen entire continents where the only sources of fresh water on the entire landmass was lakes, not a single river to be found.

I agree about PG. I don't like a lot of lakes breaking up the landmass. I'd rather have some long rivers. I do like the Flood Plains on lakes, however. ;)

Top Bottom