1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Best spawn ever!

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by BK*, Feb 20, 2019.

1. craney1987

craney1987 Warlord

Would anyone consider playing this game out? What would your initial thoughts on a way forward be?

2. Arent11

Arent11 King

Well, you need shipbuilding, obviously. With a bit of luck, you could buy tiles beyond the mountain range, which you use. But still, getting to shipbuilding will take some time.

One might try to build an encampment on a tile beyond the mountains, because it would make your military units spawn in the encampment. & then maybe you could conquer a city state.

3. montalaar

montalaar Chieftain

maps are not just bad, they are very bad. never i restarted games so much as after this expansion.

worst is AI. they sometimes spawn in such locations, they are doomed to lose from turn 1. imagine pangea, inland and capital is between two lakes. capital is on 3 tile land strip between lakes, so when they found city, they have 2!!! land tiles to work. and some more after city border expansion. that civ make builder and that builder stayed idle for who knows how many turns. terrible maps. and those damned mountains... as if lakes were not enough to screw maps all over.

4. Forster

Forster Prince

I thought the ai had to evaluate the start position before the settled.

5. Cakeathon

Cakeathon Chieftain

Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 1.59.31 PM.png

I would, just for the challenge. First thing is to settle which should give you vision and you can make up your mind based on what's on the other side. You can probably get some adjacency for campus on the other side of the mountains and wait out shipbuilding, might even have some production on the other side to go for some galleys and take out a city-state, who knows.

You could go for the encampment but on diety it's gonna be pretty tough to get anything going on land on 1 city with little to no production.

The AI is terrible on water maps so probably still possible if you just beeline frigates.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    Arent11 likes this.
  6. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

I've had some of those mountain-locked starts with Indonesia.
    If the terrain you have is enough for 1 ok city and you get some galleys out, maybe explore with a builder, get a GA, beeline shipbuilding and select Monumentality they are salvageable, at least on Prince/King which I play.