Best Starting Positions You've Seen

Malchar

Prince
My next-door neighbor started with this rather insane capital. I proceeded to be landlocked by him in a peninsula. Having no copper, iron, or horse, by the time I could take advantage of my own ivory, it was much too late.

What else have you all seen?

Attachments

• starting position1.jpg
    starting position1.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 710

Lemon Merchant

Not Quite Sonic
Retired Moderator
The best ones I have seen have always been in someone else's screen shots!! :mad:

andreasb

No Jack Bauer GG? Really?
9 resources in the capital BFC...that's just insane.
The best I've seen had 6 resources..but 6 really nice ones with gold, gems, pigs and one more luxury resource.

cracked

Wierdo.
My next-door neighbor started with this rather insane capital. I proceeded to be landlocked by him in a peninsula. Having no copper, iron, or horse, by the time I could take advantage of my own ivory, it was much too late.

What else have you all seen?

Did you cry when you saw that?

cracked

Wierdo.
Sometimes I'll get a good position for the capital, only to find that there's no bronze, iron or horses nearby. And that half of it is desert or tundra and ice. :mad:

AlienSexFilth

Warlord
Nice starts is something questionable. It is not the resources that matter most but the starting techs->techpath that might lead to a great start.
IE: A port with fishfood, mineable resources and heavy forest might be a dream for both romans and english. But it would do . .. .. .. . to Egyptians. OTOH, a start with fresh water, river phants, irrigated farms(rice,wheat, corn) would be a dream for the persians. It is all questionable imho.

Top Bottom