Beta 11

Playing this mod after a long time; anyways keeps keep up the good work.
Two things:
1 Did anybody else notice the orthodox Arabia
2 Can somebody plz give me the url to the svn repository

Playing this mod after a long time; anyways keeps keep up the good work.
Two things:
1 Did anybody else notice the orthodox Arabia
2 Can somebody plz give me the url to the svn repository

Arabia won't be as often Othodox after the release of Beta 12
(or try the svn version if you don't want to wait)

The RFCEurope page in sourceforge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/rfceurope/
Latest svn version (download the GNU tarball): http://rfceurope.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/rfceurope/

Great job guys,it feels real polished now. I realy, really love the province system: I suggested it a while ago.

I've done almost all the civs except for Arabs, Byzantines, Poland, and Lithuania, and the latter two will come.

Just want to say that Sweden is really easy. The snyergy between UU and UB is crazy. Russia and Lithuania are push overs to concentrated power.

What do you guys think, shouldn't the French 1st UHV need the conquest of Picardy?

Right now both Normandy and Picardy is missing (along with Brittany of course)
Also Flanders, Holland, Lorainne and Franconia

It's a little strange that Saxony is there, while none if it's border provinces are...

Right now both Normandy and Picardy is missing (along with Brittany of course)
Also Flanders, Holland, Lorainne and Franconia

It's a little strange that Saxony is there, while none if it's border provinces are...

To many provinces. You do get a straight line from Paris to Saxony (with Champagne in between), or did that change lately.

Since the UHV is so early, there is little time to cover the Provinces with culture. You will have to settle and that means building settlers and perhaps less than optimal cities.

I am not against adding more provinces for the French, but definitely not 5 new ones. I Vote for adding Franconia only (now that it is of decent enough size). We should add Picardy only if Calais spawns before the UHV date.

AbsintheRed: I will not be able to do the Mercs for some time now. It is a lot more code than I thought it would be. I will be gone for the second part of this week too, so I will not be able to work on the mod. Since we already have so many changes and since it has been quite some time since Beta 11, I think we should release Beta 12 either today or tomorrow. Do you want to add any last minute changes.

Yeah, I was sure this is for balancing reasons
There is Lorainne between Champagne and Saxony, so ATM there is no straight line

Maybe we can add both Franconia and Lorainne?

AbsintheRed: I will not be able to do the Mercs for some time now. It is a lot more code than I thought it would be. I will be gone for the second part of this week too, so I will not be able to work on the mod. Since we already have so many changes and since it has been quite some time since Beta 11, I think we should release Beta 12 either today or tomorrow. Do you want to add any last minute changes.

Yeah, yesterday I PM-ed you about this
I agree that we should release it soon, and shouldn't start more major changes for Beta 12.
We are already late a couple days, IIRC we said Beta 12 will come out on the 10th of July.
And I also won't be around too much for the next 10 days

Anyway, I have a couple changes in my WIP version, will upload most of them tonight
You can release Beta 12 tomorrow

Yeah, I was sure this is for balancing reasons
There is Lorainne between Champagne and Saxony, so ATM there is no straight line

Maybe we can add both Franconia and Lorainne?

On second thought, maybe we shouldn't include Franconia
Wouldn't it mess up the German spawn?
AFAIK to-be-capitals still cannot flip in the mod

On second thought, maybe we shouldn't include Franconia
Wouldn't it mess up the German spawn?
AFAIK to-be-capitals still cannot flip in the mod

There is enough room in Franconia for two cities, but it may be too much. We should add Loraine for a continuous line Paris -> Saxony. Picardy should come in only if Calais spawns on time.

A note for whomever is changing the dates for the UHV conditions. The XMLConsts.py file doesn't contain all the dates, only the ones that are important (which is still quite a few of them). If you add a new date anywhere (like xml.i1566AD) then you need to add it to XMLConsts.py. Otherwise Python just doesn't know what i1566AD is.

There is enough room in Franconia for two cities, but it may be too much. We should add Loraine for a continuous line Paris -> Saxony. Picardy should come in only if Calais spawns on time.

Alright, moved Calais' spawn to 800AD, added Picardy and Lorraine
We will know more after testing this in Beta 12

A note for whomever is changing the dates for the UHV conditions. The XMLConsts.py file doesn't contain all the dates, only the ones that are important (which is still quite a few of them). If you add a new date anywhere (like xml.i1566AD) then you need to add it to XMLConsts.py. Otherwise Python just doesn't know what i1566AD is.

Oh, I missed that
I even added the date 1566 to the timeline, but forgot to update the consts :crazyeye:

EDIT: fixed it

I think we should release Beta 12 either today or tomorrow.

One more thing:
Merijn wanted to update the Russian and Arabian unit art, and said he is almost ready.
You should wait for that too, he can probably upload it on tomorrow

One more thing:
Merijn wanted to update the Russian and Arabian unit art, and said he is almost ready.
You should wait for that too, he can probably upload it on tomorrow

I am leaving Wednesday morning. If I don't release Beta 12 tomorrow, the it will have to wait for Saturday at the earliest.

The other option is for Merijn to do the release (it is not really hard). I will PM him.

I am leaving Wednesday morning. If I don't release Beta 12 tomorrow, the it will have to wait for Saturday at the earliest.

The other option is for Merijn to do the release (it is not really hard). I will PM him.

He can probably update it tomorrow
AFAIK he is also CET, thus you have 6 hours difference with both of us
So it won't be a problem

Top Bottom