[Beta-test] v.39 beta5

Status
Not open for further replies.
just before you're going to launch the last attack to capture Paris.

I just completed a victory and have the option to return to main menu. That made the game crash when I hit that option.

thanks, but I can't load it (DLC incompatibility, crashes if I try to force load)

I just completed a victory and have the option to return to main menu. That made the game crash when I hit that option.
noted, not new I suppose, but thanks, in the to do list :)

New version on gitHub, I'm going to post the build in the OP in a few minutes...

• Add mod version to Lua.log
  • Add a table (g_Units_Maintenance_Modifier) for maintenance free units per nation, used with new DLL event
  • Balance : Italy is "safe" if less than 6 plots are lost to the enemy, Germany is safe at less than 10 plots
  • Bug fix : don't allow two units to (automatically) attack a sub from the same position
  • Balance : AI ships try to heal inside a city with harbors, it's safer than just outside...
  • Balance : convoy are considered free units for supply (actually you get 1 more supply per convoy on the map)
  • Balance : damage transferred from city to improvement when bombed are applied to the closest improvements first
  • Bug fix : use new DLL event to call function at the beginning of a turn, not at the beginning of each human player turn
  • Balance : can para-drop from friendly cities
  • Bug fix : can air strike a city, even if there are submarines in it (but still can't strike submarines at sea)

DLL :

• Add GameEvents.GameDoTurn (called at the beginning of new turn) and GameEvents.GetFreeUnitsFromScenario (modifier for number of units supplied)
  • Apply max damage received to air strike and interception (I had forgotten those)
  • One melee attack per turn from inside a city and no attack from inside a city for sea units
  • No Zone Of Control on sea

edit links:
R.E.D. WWII Edition (v_39) beta 5.05 (required)
R.E.D. Xtreme for WWII Edition (v.39) beta 5.05 (optional)

Could it be because '[30662.916] DBG: Leaderboard score not posted because current mod configuration doesn't support leaderboards'

I took that from leaderboards log.

thanks, fixed

Defensive lines are strong and almost impossible to take. More complicated now if you play Germany. If you play France its kinda easy to stall German in the low country.

that's why they are optional, it's a kind of difficulty setting :)

but I may nerf them, yes.

I'd prefer to have a look at the log, I may not be able to load the savegame.

Next version will force the deactivation of most DLC to help debugging those savegame (and fix a few bugs on the side)

New version on gitHub, I'll upload the build ASAP (edit: not compatible with previous save)

Features:
  • Additional compatibility checks on the setup screen (disable DLCs and expansions and verify minimal game version)
  • 14 new units (mainly for minor nations): Dutch infantry, Spain infantry, Sweden infantry, Vickers M1936, MTSL-1GI4, BT-42, Skoda T-32, TACAM R-2, Vickers MK VI AA, Fokker D.XXI, Fokker G.I, Reggiane Re.2000, Fokker T.V, Caproni Ca.135

Balance :
  • Add Kirkwall (Scapa Flow) and Mulhouse (Europe 39-45 map)
  • Better Order of Battle for minor nations (Europe 39-45 map)
  • Add more units on troupe routes (Europe 39-45 map)
  • AI disband wounded units if it can't support them
  • Change defense bonuses of urban areas (35%), factories (25%) and city ruins (30%)
  • Production modifier when over the supply limit for units is now -3% per unit (was 6)
  • Medium and Heavy Bombers are better against fortification units

Bug fix:
  • DLL game event GameDoTurn() is now called after the turn is initialized
  • Do not show vanilla leaders icon and name (fixed by disabling DLCs)
  • Show correct value in texts (fixed by disabling DLCs)
  • Show correct defensive value of a plot on mouse over
  • Germany does not try to send reinforcement on U.K. after Seelowe if there are no Axis units left there (Europe 39-45 map)
  • Missing projects for British Hurricane MkII and Soviet BT7, duplicate entry for French LN-401
  • Minor nations should use the restriction table for units production
  • Do not show culture or science in buildings descriptions (there are still a few texts to edit)
  • Mobile Artillery is now really an artillery unit, not a tank with ranged attack and melee promotions...

edit: links to the build
R.E.D. WWII Edition (v.39) beta 5.06 (required)
R.E.D. Xtreme for WWII Edition (v.39) beta 5.06 (optional)

yes, they're considered as DLC by the game's code, I will clarify that for the users, thanks for mentioning it.

Hi,

I would like to know why the StrategicView is disabled ? I re-enabled it by commenting but it creates weird display issues.

Is it part of the beta and will be re-enabled later ?

Thanks,

if someone find how to correct the weird display issues, yes, it will be re-enabled.

IIRC it's related to the number of units in the DB, and I've no idea on how to fix it myself, I'm not sure we have access to the part of the code controlling that..

I started a game, saved quit and restarted Civ 5 to reload the game. I didnt think to check about the dlc so it crashed. I did it again with the dlc disabled and it worked. Maybe you should do the dlc check when loading a save as well.

I started a game, saved quit and restarted Civ 5 to reload the game. I didnt think to check about the dlc so it crashed. I did it again with the dlc disabled and it worked. Maybe you should do the dlc check when loading a save as well.

The game is supposed to do that, but it fails at that (and crash)

Sadly I've no way to disable that first load button before the game give the hand to the mod so it can check for incompatibility.

There is also a tag in modbuddy to mark the mod as incompatible with the expansion, making the game to try to unload them when loading the mod, but it also crashes then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom