Better BAT AI

I am playing this version of mod (Better BAT AI 2.0 with patch and 50 civs)

I would also like option to turn OFF Player Civics on right of the screen. It interferes with combat odds (check printscreen).

1 - There's no "grant independence" icon (you know the little fist) on the city adviser screen anymore, how to you grant a couple of cities far away independence?

I also dont have this icon at start of the game. But IIRC reason for it is that I dont have any city that i could grant independence too.
Edit: I tried to make 3 cities on another continent with WorldBuilder and button appeared in Domestic Advisor screen.

Otherwise everything so far works great. Game looks nice and it runs flawlessly.

Thx lemon for this yet another gem that was forged under your fingers. Your work is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• playercivics.JPG
    playercivics.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 177

I would also like option to turn OFF Player Civics on right of the screen. It interferes with combat odds (check printscreen).
Look for a new release in a day or so. You can turn it off then. :)

I also dont have this icon at start of the game. But IIRC reason for it is that I dont have any city that i could grant independence too.
Edit: I tried to make 3 cities on another continent with WorldBuilder and button appeared in Domestic Advisor screen.

Otherwise everything so far works great. Game looks nice and it runs flawlessly.

Thx lemon for this yet another gem that was forged under your fingers. Your work is greatly appreciated.

The colony button doesn't appear unless you have a city you can grant independence to, IIRC. That's a BUG function, not me, but I'll check it out anyway.

I'm glad that you're enjoying the mod. Thank you for the compliment. :D

Originally Posted by bambusar

How did you do that? I would love Better Bat with 50 civs. Please let me know how that is done.

The latest version comes with a 50 Civ DLL. Just unzip it and put in into your BBATAI folder. Rename the original first, though, in case you want to play a normal game again. :)

Is the new version of Better Bat one set up for 50 civs, or are there 50 playable civs in it and you have to add the extra civs yourself?

The DLL gives you the option of having up to 50 civs. You have to start a custom game and open the slots for the civs yourself. If you want more than the 36 (or whatever) civs that are already in the game, you would either have to use a BAT Civ pack, or merge in civs from some other packs.

Most people play with about 20 to 25 civs, as I understand it.

Hmnn. Well, some of us fanatics (ok, well me at least :p) actually do play with the 50 civs. It's really fun on a GEM map with TSL's. Thank the Civ Gods that her Lemoness has such a great mod, as the info it provides for such a foray of Civ insanity greatly helps manage everything.

I do recommend you have a rather beefy rig though before you give it a try. TT's can be a witch if you don't.

Something odd I've noticed--even though I've picked Blue Marble terrain during install, installing on three different machines the terrain doesn't look like Blue Marble. Mountains are brown with white tops, instead of greyish.

The DLL gives you the option of having up to 50 civs. You have to start a custom game and open the slots for the civs yourself. If you want more than the 36 (or whatever) civs that are already in the game, you would either have to use a BAT Civ pack, or merge in civs from some other packs.

Most people play with about 20 to 25 civs, as I understand it.

Is there a difference between using the original DLL and using the modified DLL and just not picking so many civs?

Something odd I've noticed--even though I've picked Blue Marble terrain during install, installing on three different machines the terrain doesn't look like Blue Marble. Mountains are brown with white tops, instead of greyish.
In BBATAI the mountians use different graphic files than Blue Marble. That's why they look different.

Is there a difference between using the original DLL and using the modified DLL and just not picking so many civs?
The DLLs are identical. The only difference is the number of civs the 50 civ DLL supports.

Codes run faster with the original DLL
That's true, but BBATAI won't work without its own DLL. You don't get the better AI features with the normal DLL.

That's true, but BBATAI won't work without its own DLL. You don't get the better AI features with the normal DLL.
Well, he is asking between using a standard 18 civ DLL and a 50 civ DLL but running a game with 18 or less civs.

Naturally the 18 civ DLL will run faster than the 50 civ DLL even though the other slots are not used.
That question has nothing to do with bbai though, since I believe it can run on a 18civ dll

Well, he is asking between using a standard 18 civ DLL and a 50 civ DLL but running a game with 18 or less civs.

Naturally the 18 civ DLL will run faster than the 50 civ DLL even though the other slots are not used.
That question has nothing to do with bbai though, since I believe it can run on a 18civ dll

Sorry. I thought you were talking about the standard BTS DLL. The normal BBATAI DLL is 18 civs, you're right.

In BBATAI the mountians use different graphic files than Blue Marble. That's why they look different.

Thanks!! As long as it's intentional I'll just go with it, for a bit I thought something wasn't working.

The DLLs are identical. The only difference is the number of civs the 50 civ DLL supports.

Another helpful piece of info. I did notice the global warming sea level rising & spy relocation options missing when I switched to the 50 civ DLL, but I don't mess with those options much.

If I'm a fan of fractal maps, does anyone know if there's a way to generate larger fractal maps when using all the civs?

Hmnn, been awhile, but did you try the map generator for custom build?

I did notice the global warming sea level rising & spy relocation options missing when I switched to the 50 civ DLL, but I don't mess with those options much.
Sigh. That means I've screwed up again. Recompile here we come. :blush:

I have a problem and I need some help please. I reinstalled better bat AI today and now my unit selection is different/broken and I can't figure out how to change it. I can no longer select the unit I want by clicking on the icon, I have to shift click(or right click with that option on in the settings) and select units from that menu. I checked in vanilla BTS and everything is normal, but I can't find anything in the mod settings having to do with this option.

Please someone help me with this, I tried to play, but as soon as I started trying to manage units the game became unplayable to me.

Edit: Also everything was working fine in the mod a couple days ago before I reinstalled, perhaps thats worth mentioning.

I have a problem and I need some help please. I reinstalled better bat AI today and now my unit selection is different/broken and I can't figure out how to change it. I can no longer select the unit I want by clicking on the icon, I have to shift click(or right click with that option on in the settings) and select units from that menu. I checked in vanilla BTS and everything is normal, but I can't find anything in the mod settings having to do with this option.

Please someone help me with this, I tried to play, but as soon as I started trying to manage units the game became unplayable to me.

Edit: Also everything was working fine in the mod a couple days ago before I reinstalled, perhaps thats worth mentioning.

See this post:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=12779856&postcount=285

It explains how to fix the issue.

Top Bottom