Better Civilopedia (UI)

Better Civilopedia (UI) 2.2

I really like the improvements you've made to the Civilopedia, and I would like to ask if you could possibly add a text section underneath the description of each Unit, listing all the abilities and their descriptions that apply to the unit?

For e.g. all melee class units (in unmodded Civ 6) would have the description for ABILITY_ANTI_SPEAR.

I also think the Civilopedia would be improved if it showed the attributes for BaseSightRange, ZOC, InitialLevel, and so on.

Last edited:
I thought maybe a nice addition on unit pages would be to also print unit classes.
Something like this:

Code:
local tUnitClasses:table = {};
    for row in GameInfo.TypeTags() do
        if row.Type == unitType then table.insert(tUnitClasses, row.Tag); end
    end
    if #tUnitClasses > 0 then
        table.sort(tUnitClasses);
        AddRightColumnStatBox("[ICON_Bullet][ICON_Bullet][ICON_Bullet]", function(s)
            s:AddSeparator();
            s:AddHeader("UnitClasses");
            for _,unitclass in ipairs(tUnitClasses) do s:AddLabel(unitclass); end
        end);
    end

upload_2022-2-18_10-46-47.png

That's a really cool idea. There's also siege, which for some reason are a separate class that has no production boost card :(

I thought maybe a nice addition on unit pages would be to also print unit classes.
Something like this:

Code:
local tUnitClasses:table = {};
    for row in GameInfo.TypeTags() do
        if row.Type == unitType then table.insert(tUnitClasses, row.Tag); end
    end
    if #tUnitClasses > 0 then
        table.sort(tUnitClasses);
        AddRightColumnStatBox("[ICON_Bullet][ICON_Bullet][ICON_Bullet]", function(s)
            s:AddHeader("UnitClasses");
            for _,unitclass in ipairs(tUnitClasses) do s:AddLabel(unitclass); end
        end);
    end

View attachment 620811
Damn, I forgot about that one... Will do soon.

Previously this mod was always working, but currently the civilipeda won't open when this mod is installed. Any ideas as to why this is?
Running the latest civ version with all DLC on Mac M1 Ventura.
I have better report screen installed too if that would make a difference

Previously this mod was always working, but currently the civilipeda won't open when this mod is installed. Any ideas as to why this is?
Running the latest civ version with all DLC on Mac M1 Ventura.
I have better report screen installed too if that would make a difference
"Previously" meaning when? The mod has been last updated a year ago, and the game is basically not chaning. So it is most likely that you have some other conflicting mods.

Top Bottom