1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Better Dynamic Names Mod (BDNM)

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by Moshe Dayan, Mar 21, 2011.

1. antostor

antostor Chieftain

"British Mandate" was better imo, as it shows the indirect control over much of the Middle East Britain gained with the League of Nations mandate. Aden was a small province, while the Mandate spanned from British Egypt to Persia. :)

2. Moshe Dayan

Moshe Dayan Da General

Good things come to those who wait, and after nearly two years of waiting, I am proud to announce the release of the first full version of the Better Dynamic Names Mod! This version is compatible with Leoreth's Dawn of Civilization, version 1.11. Some of the dynamic names in the vanilla version aren't quite right, but who plays vanilla RFC nowadays? :p

As far as the DoC version goes, every civ has new dynamic names, although I had to cheat in some areas (using Spanish-language names for the Maya, for example, is truly horrible). For the most part, however, they're all there. Go to the link in the OP and check it out!

3. DC123456789

DC123456789 Chieftain

Is it really that hard to fine Mayan names? There are still several extant, relatively widespread Mayan languages, not to mention that their ancient script is almost entirely deciphered. Shouldn't take that long to find a dictionary on the Internet...

4. NoShameD

NoShameD Chieftain

Excuse the bump, but where can I find a 1.0 version ? The 1.11 doesn't give the good folder for BtS RFC... And yes, there are still people playing it !

5. Canned Ham

Canned Ham Chieftain

Hello.
    I am having an issue with this mod. I just started a 3000 BC Turks game, and I notice that it says TXT_KEY_CIV_TURKEY_DESC_PEOPLES in the corner, instead of Türkler.
    Also, Phoenicia and the Polynesians were bugged out on the selection screen in a similar fashion.
    I would like help ASAP.
    Sincerely, Canned Ham.