Better Dynamic Names Mod (BDNM)

Moreover, I have changed some dynamic names to more accurately reflect historical counterparts (i.e. the "British Mandate of Arabia" has been changed to "Aden Protectorate" to more accurately reflect real British control over the Arabian peninsula as it existed in history).

"British Mandate" was better imo, as it shows the indirect control over much of the Middle East Britain gained with the League of Nations mandate. Aden was a small province, while the Mandate spanned from British Egypt to Persia. :)

Good things come to those who wait, and after nearly two years of waiting, I am proud to announce the release of the first full version of the Better Dynamic Names Mod! This version is compatible with Leoreth's Dawn of Civilization, version 1.11. Some of the dynamic names in the vanilla version aren't quite right, but who plays vanilla RFC nowadays? :p

As far as the DoC version goes, every civ has new dynamic names, although I had to cheat in some areas (using Spanish-language names for the Maya, for example, is truly horrible). For the most part, however, they're all there. Go to the link in the OP and check it out!

Is it really that hard to fine Mayan names? There are still several extant, relatively widespread Mayan languages, not to mention that their ancient script is almost entirely deciphered. Shouldn't take that long to find a dictionary on the Internet...

Excuse the bump, but where can I find a 1.0 version ? The 1.11 doesn't give the good folder for BtS RFC... And yes, there are still people playing it !

Hello.
I am having an issue with this mod. I just started a 3000 BC Turks game, and I notice that it says TXT_KEY_CIV_TURKEY_DESC_PEOPLES in the corner, instead of Türkler.
Also, Phoenicia and the Polynesians were bugged out on the selection screen in a similar fashion.
I would like help ASAP.
Sincerely, Canned Ham.

Top Bottom