Blockade missions

Totibbs

Warlord
Does someone knows the mysteries around the blockade feature of the ships?
The do's and donts around this special feature?

Last game there where 2 continents. I conquerd the first one. On the other continent I found 4 AI civs.
I had an mission for myself: To cover each AI coastal city with a privateer.

For as far as I succeeded I got 2 gold per privateer, per city. Im not sure the privateers stole it each turn, or each 2nd turn or so.

There was 1 lucrative city. That gave me 5 gold. But why?

Other question, do you steal more with your privateers when you trade as much as possible with the AI on the other continent while you have his cities covered with privateers?

Does someone knows the mysteries around the blockade feature of the ships?
The do's and donts around this special feature?

Last game there where 2 continents. I conquerd the first one. On the other continent I found 4 AI civs.
I had an mission for myself: To cover each AI coastal city with a privateer.

For as far as I succeeded I got 2 gold per privateer, per city. Im not sure the privateers stole it each turn, or each 2nd turn or so.

There was 1 lucrative city. That gave me 5 gold. But why?

Other question, do you steal more with your privateers when you trade as much as possible with the AI on the other continent while you have his cities covered with privateers?

For the 5 :gold: city, were all its trade routes by sea? I think you get 1 :gold: per trade route you blockade.

You get the :gold: every turn you blockade. But not if you're at war with them.:mad:

blockade is impossible even if you have vastly superior navy after the AI has possession of his magical weapon: the airship. He will blast your destroyer with the airship and then take them down with their galleons.

Bring an aircraft carrier and you will be able to protect a vast number of ships while shooting down every single one of his airships.

Bring an aircraft carrier and you will be able to protect a vast number of ships while shooting down every single one of his airships.

Note that airships come with physics and carrier does not come until flight. Figure out how many turns it takes to go from physics to flight, even if you beeline the tech.

Galleons cannot kill destroyers disabled by airships because a Airship onlydoes 30% damage

Airshiped bombed strength of ships

Destroyer=21* (can destroy airships.. Interception)
Ironclad=8.4
Frigate/SotL=5.6
Privateer=4.2
Galleon=2.8

My experience is that I was able to do the task without using the blockade option but the sentry instead. It was performed sentrying 2 Privateers of mine 3-4 tiles away from Khmer coast where there were 2 quite small cities of him.

Every single turn, until I declared war on him, I received 3 :gold: from each city.

On the other side i have never succeeded using the blockade option.

Galleons cannot kill destroyers disabled by airships because a Airship onlydoes 30% damage

Airshiped bombed strength of ships

Destroyer=21* (can destroy airships.. Interception)
Ironclad=8.4
Frigate/SotL=5.6
Privateer=4.2
Galleon=2.8

airship taking 30% health off any modern warship is a joke in and of itself

airship taking 30% health off any modern warship is a joke in and of itself

No kidding... each unit in the game needs some sort of property list that contains the classes of units it can/cannot damage. IE, Warriros cannot hurt riflemen, or catapults cannot hurt tanks, etc, regardless of strength.

No kidding... each unit in the game needs some sort of property list that contains the classes of units it can/cannot damage. IE, Warriros cannot hurt riflemen, or catapults cannot hurt tanks, etc, regardless of strength.

Not that I don't get the point, but this icon is really all that need sto be said about this.
:deadhorse:

It is the way it is so that the game is fun to play it is not a historical simulation it is a game, and in this case I'll take the fun over the historical simulation anyway.

And while it is not really a perfectly analgous situation, I still have to ask does the name Custer mean anything to you :D

Top Bottom