BNW Multiplayer Problems At Launch

phos_hilaron

Warlord
I'm not too surprised that my multiplayer experience is "sub-par" at launch. I mean, it's launch.

OK. Here are the details:

Trying to host a regular multiplayer game (nothing funny in the settings) and I get the staple message in a pop-up when I click the "Host Game" button:

Error Joining Multiplayer Session

Any Ideas or thoughts?

I searched the forums and anything that is posted is from Vanilla, and not BNW. The version I'm running at the main menu says: 1.0.1.994 (******)

so sorry to jack this thread, but you are one of the first mac users i've found who has got the game running. what lies bellow is some troubleshooting due to the fact that steam is having some trouble with the Mac BNW download for a lot of users.

You are successfully running BNW on a Mac and could, therefore, be of great service to several users, including myself, who (I believe) are short 1 file. The file in question is located here:

User>Documents>Aspyr>Sid Meier's Civilization 5>cache

The file (which I hope exists) is titled something along the lines of "Localization - Expansion - Brave New World.db"

(if it exists) IF you could upload it to https://www.wetransfer.com/ and post the link, you would be a complete life saver as that file registers that the DLC is installed and allows the game to run.

Once again, I'm so sorry to usurp this, I just know this will get to someone who has it running and I really would love to play some.

thanks,

tbaumjrjr

I played my first game of BNW last night, and it was Multi-player. Had no problems, and in fact it was much faster response time than in the past. Proviso... it was a network game not Internet. So a couple of items:

1. There is a version mis-match so you will not be able to play cross platform until that is fixed. Not sure if that would prevent creating a multi-player via Internet.
2. Did the error occur at the lobby screen when you were starting to create a Hosted Game, or after entering in the name and settings and clicking the Host Game button to create the game?

I would try setting up a local network game to see if you have any difficulties with that too (it worked for me - so might mean there is something particular to your setup). I will try to setup an internet game when I have a moment to see if I have the same problem.

Craig

so sorry to jack this thread, but you are one of the first mac users i've found who has got the game running. what lies bellow is some troubleshooting due to the fact that steam is having some trouble with the Mac BNW download for a lot of users.

You are successfully running BNW on a Mac and could, therefore, be of great service to several users, including myself, who (I believe) are short 1 file. The file in question is located here:

User>Documents>Aspyr>Sid Meier's Civilization 5>cache

The file (which I hope exists) is titled something along the lines of "Localization - Expansion - Brave New World.db"

(if it exists) IF you could upload it to https://www.wetransfer.com/ and post the link, you would be a complete life saver as that file registers that the DLC is installed and allows the game to run.

Once again, I'm so sorry to usurp this, I just know this will get to someone who has it running and I really would love to play some.

thanks,

tbaumjrjr

Sorry it's taken me a while to get back on. did you get it fixed?

It's the version mismatch. If I remember correctly, PC's got a patch for BNW when it came out, and Aspyr hasn't matched it yet. Hopefully, it'll be just a little while till we get cross platform playing again. :D

Top Bottom