"Boost Through GS or Spy" Techs

steveg700

Deity
Playing as Hammurabi for the first time. At the end of the tech tree we start running into all-but-unboostable techs.

So, if you can only boost through a spy, that means you only get the boost if somebody has already done the legwork...for you to steal, right? So that doesn't help if you're n the lead. I actually hope for late-game barbs since they can spring a boost (on an indeterminate basis). Are there some other angles to exploit?

No. On top of that, future era techs outright require spy to boost, with no option to use GS.

All the more annoying that CS's will assign boost quests for those future-era techs.

Are there some other angles to exploit?
The Great Library can boost future techs as long as you have every other tech unlocked. Also, the great scientist Abdus Salam's ability gives you the boost for every information era tech.

I reckon the GS that boosts all techs from future era will be your friend when playing as Babylon.
If it can be gotten. There's always that bizarre late-game deluge where a bunch of GS's are all recruited at once and somehow in there one civ will get two GS's

If it can be gotten. There's always that bizarre late-game deluge where a bunch of GS's are all recruited at once and somehow in there one civ will get two GS's
That was because of AI's overdose on science bias, they had a lot of campuses and buildings generating GS points, and since midgame GSs were being recruited up to two eras ahead of their time, so the first one of the new era batch was crazy expensive and all AIs used to build up large pools of GS points, then after someone got enough to recruit the first expensive one, the price for the next ones dropped back to normal and suddenly all AIs had enough of backed up GS points to take the whole batch in one turn. Now, when AIs science bias has been toned down, this should happen less, but still, competition for GS probably is the fiercest.

Ooh Ooh, I know why that is!

It's the game's tendency to shift the price of Great People but disregard the points amassed by everyone (WHICH SHOULD BE FIXED).

If the game is in Classical Era, and a Renaissance Era person pops up, then the price is usually almost 2x the actual Renaissance cost.

However, when the game progresses to Medieval Era, and you recruit the last Renaisasnce Era, Industrial Great person is cheaper than then Renaisance once, and the costs drops, which often means that 3-5 leaders actually have enough people points to recruit the Industrial Era, so what then happens is all of them get recruited in a single turn (because they never had the foresight to have more than 3 per era for most categories and eras), which then inflates the cost of the next set of Scientists.

Yeah, it's really obnoxious and is a detriment to actual competition for the choicest GS. It's just luck of the draw.

So what explains the double-recruits that happen when this floodgate opens?

When they mention gs and gspy boost, they mean that gspy from another civilization and gs from great scientist. That's what I'm guessing that means since I hardly ever got to use a boost for these techs before. I probably have but most likely through great scientists.

Top Bottom