Border Proposals

Which border proposal best benefits Fanatika?

• Small Provinces by Stuck_As_a_Mac

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Capitol Access by disorganizer

• Strictly Geographic by FortyJ

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Capitol Province by FortyJ

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Nordic Gem Mountains by Chieftess

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Abstain

• Total voters
Quorum means nothing here, except to validate this informational poll. It is not a binding poll as it was not set up by a Leader. If the arguement that 40j is some how connected to the Domestic Dept. is brought up, then the poll should have followed proper poll procedures. If the Third Reich Domestic Dept. wants to shove its opinion down our throats, at least use the proper protocols. You can' keep using these half-assed attempts of polling to substaniate your agenda. Do it the right way and be accountable for your actions.

@cyc: now what part of the poll did not meet the polling standards?

1) it is posted (indirectly) by the domestic department
2) pre discussion (Very long!) was held
3) a link to pre-discussion is contained
4) all options are included
5) abstain is included

now where is the point which invalidates that poll? only burocracy?

:) Figure it out, Dis. THAT is not my job anymore. If you need help, there is the Constitution, the PSC, and the OPR. Good luck.

Cyc is actually correct, and i must reverse my opinion on the legality of this poll.

Unfortunately this poll cannot be considered official and binding right out of the box. While I do not agree that a official poll can only be posted by a leader (the constitution guarentees citizens the right to poll on any topic, and the CoS on official polls does not limit them to leaders), there are a few requirements that must be met.

The laws require the proposed text of the poll to be posted in the discussion thread for a minimum of 24hrs prior to posting the poll. Unfortunately that is clearly not done for this poll.

The length of time the poll will be open must be included in the opening thread, and that is not done here.

Also, all proposals in that thread must be discussed for at least 24 hrs, and that may be violated here.

This poll is very effective as an informational, and the will of the people will be expressed here. I would expect the Domestic Leader to take heed, while I applaud FortyJ and his contributors for pushing forward a process that is loooooonnnnngggg overdue.

Bill
Chief Justice

Bill asked that I post my opinion as Public Defender on whether this meets the requirements to be a binding and official poll.

I see that it does not, as outlined by Bill above. I encourage the proponents to note the requirements of an official poll before posting. In the mean time, I urge the leaders to respect the results of this informational poll while the matter is resolved officially.

Danke
Public Defender

*sigh* well if we had posted it as quick poll (which is eligable) we would have it officially and binding then by now :p

Well, I can see your point dis, but Quick Polling is for items that are time critical in nature, and I can't see how we could justify that given how long we have dragged our feet on this already.

Why can't our Domestic Leader simply post his official poll?

Top Bottom