Boudica of Aztec (Immortal) II

obsolete

Deity
Roster...
Obsolete
Kossin
RRR...

You know, this one is looking a little familiar to the last one in a certain way...

Attachments

• INIT.CivBeyondSwordSave
    29.1 KB · Views: 60
Lurker's comment :
Why don't you guys? try a huge map, where the AIs can use its bonuses and have a lot of room to expand.
I'm not convinced such a game will be easy for you too.

Seems pretty standard. Good production here and decent health to make a change.

I can't see fitting in AH really early if we want another go at SH+Oracle especially with all these forests around.

@Tatran
I wouldn't mind. Huge also means more land for the human to use his Intelligence bonuses :D
Seriously though, on Immortal it's not a stretch for the human to expand to a huge number of cities as the maintenance isn't so killer.

It'd take a lot longer to play out though which is less fun though... especially seeing as the holidays are coming to a close for me pretty soon which means reduced civ time.

Hmm, I am thinking...

Wheel + Med + Priest is about the same beakers as IW, so that would be a wash when we include oracle.

That is, assuming we go Oracle --> IW

But we'd also have to pick up Mining... Mason... in time, and also research Bronze-W.

Looks like a no-good solution since we have like hardly any f@#%ing commerce tiles again to work.

We could gamble on horses, and go another rush or......

Just research straight up to IW ourselves, and them pump out Jags? We build the Henge while re-searching up that way...

Or I guess we abort the whole early-rush, and just go a normal routine, while taking advantage of marble? Seems every time I want to do a Jag rush, we get much better alternative solutions...

I guess that's Murphy's law, when you are prepared to have no resources, you will always have an important resource near by. Haha!

Sure, let's go normal route and take any advantage that presents itself.

We can also try to Oracle CoL and start mass whipping in the BCs.

Back... what's the variant? Attach(k) them all?

@Tatran: why don't u join?

NNE has my vote too. Only place that could warrant a settler move imo (though in place is just great).

Crazy opening: hindu -> masonry -> monotheism -> ToA :lol: Less settlers, more workshipping.
Conservative opening (way safer as we can already see jungles in the north): agriculture -> BW -> IW (TW mixed in if copper in range)

I am fine with any other alternative plan though I would research IW the hard way and develop a better rush-base with an additional worker and settler rather than oracling IW.

Bump!

(can play tmr today, provided we have a clear path to follow - wonders - rex - insanity -)

We can also try to Oracle CoL and start mass whipping in the BCs.

Too many problems... not Ind... and we won't get marble hooked up in time. Alright, we can STILL pour a tonne of hammers into oracle anyway and still get it (likely) but.....

We'd have to also have writing researched as well IIRC (or am I wrong?).. and we have no f*cking commerce tiles! ARggggh. So it would be a bit of a small gambit.. with hefty penalties if it fails.

So..... let's think on this again.

I am fine with any other alternative plan though I would research IW the hard way and develop a better rush-base with an additional worker and settler rather than oracling IW.

Hmmm......

Research mining --> Bronze --> IronWorking.... then start cracking out Jags around turn 64 or so?

Building Henge and barracks in the meantime...

Will be a problem if going up against metal capitals on a hill but.... could be a lot of FUN too!

NNE movement done...

Now what?

Aside from settling in place... final tech plans?

Research mining --> Bronze --> IronWorking.... then start cracking out Jags around turn 64 or so?

Why do u want to postpone agriculture? I like working crappy tiles forever but still!

Agri gives more flexibility in case we abort a jag rush plan later. We can prolly prevent one AI from hooking up a metal tile with a couple of warriors, but more tiles will be hard. And if the AI has metals before we are ready... all the plan goes to the trash. I don't like "hit or miss" plan.

Like you I don't think we can get something usefull out of Oracle without taking crazy risks, and we are prolly circled by jungles (so heading toward IW in some kind of way is prolly the best course of action).

So, I would do agriculture -> BW (for corn, fp, and three grass hills size 5), a worker (then warrior) after settling in place. Then rethink the situation with the additional info we will have.

Alright, played until AGG was in. Now you two can re-evaluate.

Good and bad news... We will probably have to fight a war very early anyway, because we have Pericles right next door.... yup.

Taking his cities may be hard because of cultural defense will be bad, but so far his capital is not on a hill, and if we take it early, we can put his gold in his BFC to some good catch-up use (wink). Also, since it's Pericles of America, his very dangerous UU has been downgraded to a totally useless UU that will never see the light of day.

A problem though, is he may get to IW sooner than later too, due to Gold, etc. But.. he does like to wonder-build... too bad we couldn't gift him marble right now so he could build us ToA... maybe we should try to set up some scam like that...

We do have a Gem a little up north of the capital... So I don't mind whipping a settler at some time but... I don't want to risk losing on Jags while doing so. If we can take out Perc before he DoWs on us at his own choosing, we would be in excellent shape, barring what everyone else does further East.

Attachments

• pericles.CivBeyondSwordSave
    43.4 KB · Views: 72
Which one? ;)

:lol:
Funny, my last jag rush was against Pericles too... poor guy. Good thing his gold is in the outer ring, he should thus provide us with some needed workers (chopping jags is our duty! :scan:). Getting a warrior there before turn 25 (second border pop for Peri) is something to think about.

Well getting a warrior there may not be the problem... it's getting the worker that can be the problem...

If we abort our worker right now, we can build a warrior in 5 turns.. but it will take 13 before we can have him in position to hit the DoW button and snipe on the gold hill.

Immortal has a large worker-speed-bonus, so it may have already finished mining the hill and then moved on by that stage...

I'm willing to try, but also we'd be encouraging the AI to unit-spam, which could make taking his city later a bit of a problem...

I also, wouldn't mind chopping the Henge, the earlier the better.

We're not getting Peri's worker unless we luck out.

With the gems so close getting city #2 ASAP is a no brainer. Size 3 probably with double corn+fp for the extra commerce.

This will boost our research until IW considerably and we can even include a few more techs afterwards and even give us more production for those jags.

Our capital has crazy food, we should get Pottery earlier than later and just whip it for a long time to fill the land if we so do want. It looks like we're on a peninsula so GLH is an option also.

Top Bottom