Bring back the High Council!

Yeah, live actors probably wouldn't fit the overall style, but there could still be something with voice actors. The important thing would be making them as unintrusive as in CivII. You never had to watch them if you didn't want to. Some people got bored with them, some didn't.

On similar vein, I hope there will be good wonder movies again. IV's were better than III's, but still too generic. I'd like to see SMAC level of wonder movie goodness.

Yes! But not the same way ;-) As has been pointed out, it doesn't look (so far) that civ5 is going the "cartoon"look, but more rather the serious way. There of course can still be humour and I would love some sort of funny advisor set. But it would be foolish to try to recreate the civ2 humour, as has been pointed out, we will never again think it's that funny. So try something different.

I disagree, sire. Of course, I'd like them to be more specific at times (addressing issues in a more precise manner), but the jokes and the internal arguing were funny and would be funny again. It's not as we have all become terribly sophisticated since those days. And there's nothing wrong with live actors.

Yeah, live actors probably wouldn't fit the overall style, but there could still be something with voice actors. The important thing would be making them as unintrusive as in CivII. You never had to watch them if you didn't want to. Some people got bored with them, some didn't.

It is true that the use of live actors on games has been abandoned in recent years. But I think that it would work - better than animations. But I'd like a high council even if they just copied it directly from civ2 :D

It´s strange that so many nice immersive parts of Civ have just vanished like the high council, the era-specific leaderheads, the throne-room/palace, real wonder movies and the advisors. Is this what we have to sacrifice to have Civ available to the online multiplayer community?? :cry:

It´s strange that so many nice immersive parts of Civ have just vanished like the high council, the era-specific leaderheads, the throne-room/palace, real wonder movies and the advisors. Is this what we have to sacrifice to have Civ available to the online multiplayer community?? :cry:

According to that preview, the advisers are back! Alas, they no longer bicker and argue with each other! Still, the word is that they are in.

Öjevind Lång;8971939 said:
According to that preview, the advisers are back! Alas, they no longer bicker and argue with each other! Still, the word is that they are in.

If possible, I'll try to make a mod where the High Council argues among itself when CiV comes out.

Humor is changable. 1889, Did you think developer will make advisor yelling at you like combination of your mother and military officer? Nope. Humor needed, Of course. I played CIV 4 as first of the series I ever play.(I am 14 years old. I just only three-months old when CIV II out!) I heard about Prime Council.. Er.. Whatever. In YouTube. I guess it would be another entertaining feature if I playing it myself, and "Here it come.." <-- Galciv2. And it would make developer happy,
Just whiping animation artist harder and you will not have to force someone to wear Roman costume, Talking to the camera. Well, I think developer of game make 9 sets of High Concillor. 2 for Early and Medieval for European & America, Native American, African & Middle East and Asian. You don't want to see Roman councilman talking about sake of Japan, Do you?

Love to see the high council back in CiV. started playing civ 2 14 years ago. still remember councils arguing and shouting at each other, one of the best feature in civ 2 which I hope will be included in ciV.:lol::lol::lol:

Top Bottom