Bringing Back The Civ 3 Ladder

SuedecivIII

Warlord
The Civ 3 Multiplayer Community has decided to bring back the ladder!

The ladder is a ranked league of Civ 3 multiplayer players. It lets us keep track of wins and losses, and gives us structure from which we can make show-matches and tournaments. We been playing around with the idea of bringing it back for a while. The original ladder ran from the early 2000's until 2014, and featured hundreds of daily games, big tournaments, and a close knit community of clans and players.

This community is still alive today, and we've had a big increase in activity lately due to the pandemic. Because of this, we thought it would be a great time to re-establish the league. We launched yesterday, and played 9 league games, in addition to a bunch of unranked matches.

If you're interested in getting involved in Civ 3 multiplayer, now is a great time to do so. You can join our discord here, or our steam group chat. Private message me or Gbiebs, and we'd be happy to register you.

A lot has changed since the early days of the ladder. Voice comms for teams have become increasingly popular, and people are starting to record their gameplay. Some players have been streaming, including Panopticon and Orenjine, and myself. We will be posting games to youtube, via my channel and Sosison's channel (in Russian).

Thank you so much to Gbiebs for making the spreadsheet, and to Nat for making the website! Thank you to everyone in the community who gave advice on rules and initial player ELOs!

If you want more information on the league, check out the website, available here.

Top Bottom