Brucia La Terra. Let's make a Civ for Italy. An offer nobody can refuse

No one leads Austria except Maria Theresa. :nono:
Not even Joseph II? He was her son, so one's close enough to her if they choose him, and his absolutely giant passion for enlightenment and reformism opens doors to some fun bonuses :mischief:.

Not even Joseph II? He was her son, so one's close enough to her if they choose him, and his absolutely giant passion for enlightenment and reformism opens doors to some fun bonuses :mischief:.
Maria Theresa is Austria. No Maria Theresa, no Austria. :mischief:

I'd love for her to have the ability to marry off her children to other leaders giving the receiving civ bonuses, while at the same time give Austria bonuses, so in that regard he can be in the game along with Marie Antoinette. :p

I'd love for her to have the ability to marry off her children to other leaders giving the receiving civ bonuses, while at the same time give Austria bonuses, so in that regard he can be in the game along with Marie Antoinette. :p
And with sixteen children (thirteen surviving), she's unlikely to run out of children before you run out of civs to send them to. :mischief:

And with sixteen children (thirteen surviving), she's unlikely to run out of children before you run out of civs to send them to. :mischief:
Yeah that's the point. :thumbsup:

I kind of think that should be an ability if you choose Monarchy as a government, but she just has it built in.

I actually would like to see an Italy that has Garibaldi as leader, but is otherwise more Renaissance/Early Modern-oriented in its attributes, just because I would really like to have him in as a character, and leaders are a big part of Civ's personality regardless

Italy's an idea that gets floated a lot, but given the choice I'd rather have Bohemia or Austria. That being said, if we get Italy it should definitely be based on Late Medieval/Early Modern Italy. Modern Italy's chief accomplishments have been losing a tank-versus-spear war in Africa and being a major factor in the Axis' loss of WW2. :p We've had a Venice-based Italy once; I think Florence or Genoa should go next. A Papal States civ might be interesting--but would probably be too controversial to be worth the trouble. Plus the Church's temporal authority has been considerably overstated.
not to mention loosing to the heavily outnumbered greeks.... but hey who can blame them, it's the greeks.

Top Bottom