1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] Beer Mod

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Mod Components' started by Gurra09, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Gurra09

Gurra09 Guru of Hekkia

Ironworks produce +% production from Coal and Iron and thats the only building except brewery that produces +% food, production or commerce with a resource in the game. That's where I got that code from.

If you mean the art I found it on the last page of City Improvements in the download database.

2. Mylon

Mylon Amateur Game Designer

But there are other +%:hammers: buildings, like the forge and factory. And Ironworks is a national wonder.

Jus' saying... If you're going to add this, might as well design more buildings to have +commerce modifiers or make it better meld with vanilla civ4.

3. Rockstone

Rockstone Chieftain

Well... got it to work. I (proudly) now have combined the Forrests, Beer and Farms mod. The combomod loaded alright and civilpedia seems fine. Mechaerik and Gurra09, thank you for the help.
    Rockstone.

4. Keipher

Keipher Chieftain

Haha. Sweet dude. Definitely loading this. Thanks.

5. Duuk

Duuk Doom-Sayer Supporter

Personally, for balance reasons I'd say

Beer (resource only) +1 :rockon: errr, I mean +1 :)

Brewery +15% :commerce: (10% less than market), provides beer (essentially a +1 national happiness boost).

Tavern: +2 :culture: +2 :) with beer.

6. Bahmo

Bahmo Chieftain

You could give a happiness bonus for wine, corn, and rice as well. Also question: Can this be inserted into other mods, or will the ini.BAK ruin it?

7. Gurra09

Gurra09 Guru of Hekkia

The .ini files aren't needed to put it in another mod. They are only needed if you use Beer Mod as a standalone mod.

8. davelisowski

davelisowski Spartan

brewing should come before monarchy.

people have been making beer longer than any other beverage. Since around 6000-5000BC. but still a cool mod.

You could still keep the Brewery to require machinery. So there's beer but not any real bonuses until later.