BTS-Beta 4

How about thinking of it in advance?

lol - sure, but I am not a number cruncher. And as I said - 2 turns before space ship touch down I am really too late to think about creating an artist. But I love the idea of granting an artist to the neighbor if you feel (or calculate :D) that you will exceed the domination limit in one of the following turns.

Sometimes it makes sense to gift a GA to the AI. They'd culture bomb one of their cities, this way pushing back your cultural boundaries.

Will they bomb it the city that you gift the artist to them or will they move it somewhere that won't change your borders? For example move it to a core city for some unknown reason. Could they not also save it for GA? I wonder if the AI is smart enough to know it's going to lose if it doesn't bomb a border city?

Will they bomb it the city that you gift the artist to them or will they move it somewhere that won't change your borders?
I tried this trick a few times -- they bomb. They may move your GA to another city, but it will still be a city suffering from your cultural pressure. I think they just pick a city from which your culture steals more workable tiles.

I tried this trick once - Hunny did not use my present at all within 12 turns and I won domination victory. It was recent settler duel minor space race.
Perhaps it depends on leader's character. I usually play against either Fred or Liz. Liz is known culture bomber even in Warlords, where she would sneak a Settler to your territory, and build a city surrounded by your cities, then culture bomb it stealing a great deal of your land.

Fred bombs, too.

perhaps)) I do not get BTS yet. So I am concerned on current major to beat your result :D I started my fist and may be last game yesterday: marathon, inland, HC.

That's fightin' talk! You'll have to knock me out of 2nd place to do that! I've not got BtS yet either.

I'll be happy if I can hang on to a top 3 finish in the major though, and I'm glad to have got a major under my belt and marathon off the requirements for QM. First Inca win for me so no-one can accuse me of cheese tactics ;)

Hi guys,

I am just wondering how you can take part on BtS Gauntlet without owning BtS ;)

I'm not taking part, I'm just following the thread since the settings are the same as the GMinor from a couple of months back. And someone mentioned the major so I am using psychological warfare to try and hold onto my 2nd spot for as long as possible ;)

EDIT: Plus there is no minor gauntlet active at the moment :( Us non-BtS players are getting cold turkey.

I'm not taking part, I'm just following the thread since the settings are the same as the GMinor from a couple of months back. And someone mentioned the major so I am using psychological warfare to try and hold onto my 2nd spot for as long as possible ;)

EDIT: Plus there is no minor gauntlet active at the moment :( Us non-BtS players are getting cold turkey.

Sorry then for intercepting your efforts :blush: I hope you will keep your 2nd place til I submit my game 5 min. before the major ends :lol:

That's fightin' talk! You'll have to knock me out of 2nd place to do that! I've not got BtS yet either.
I'll be happy if I can hang on to a top 3 finish in the major though

There is no difference for me how many players will be knocked down in the final list... (cool! :D )

I'll be happy to play a good game and to take the first place :trophy: :crazyeye:

Sorry for offtopic.

Top Bottom