King
Expansion Pack Mod
for BtS (original version)
NEW version 0.9
Supports only English language​

NEW Download version 0.9:
Mirror 1: http://www.sendspace.com/file/yf6t8x
Mirror 2: http://www.snapdrive.net/qs/fe2f47b978b3

I always greatly missed a diversity in aircraft and ships, especially in the later part of the game. Therefore I started adding units in the warlords version of civilization. That one was based of the Visa mod, this time I used Chiyu's Extra mod (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=234906) as a starting point. I liked that mod since it already included the Next War stuff and already added a lot of flavour units and some units from the scenario's to the game. Balance should be reasonable since I tested much of the same settings in Warlords. Any issues or balancing problems or other comments, please tell them to me.

new version 0.9:
New Buildings:
- Military Fortress

New Wonders:
- Biodome Montreal
- Ishtar Gate
- Trafalgar Square

New Tech:
- Improved Formations

New Improvements:
- Olive Press

Flavour Units:
- Egypt, Rome, Carthage, France, Greece, Persia, Arabia, Babylon, Russia, China, Japan, Ottoman have flavour units, most also for industrial units and higher. Still a work in progress

version 0.7:
New Units:
- Armor (5 artstyles)
- Advanced Gunship (2 artstyles)
- Religion specific units (1 per religion)
- Seaplane and later ASW plane or helicopter for stationing on cruisers and missile cruisers
- Seaplane (can be stationed on cruisers, dreadnoughts and battleships)
- ASW helicopter (can see submarines, can be stationed on cruisers, dreadnoughts and battleships)

New Buildings:
- Military Encampment
- Shipyard (ancient drydock)

New Wonders:
- Theatre of Dionysus
- Flavian Amphitheatre
- Circus Maximus
- Burj al-Arab

General Changes:
- Overhauled the civics system so there is more variety per civic category
- Israel as civ (David as leader, special forces and multirole fighter as UU's)
- Hitler as leader
- Restatted and renamed all next war units (except dreadnought) to make them more compatible with normal civ game
- Removed assault mech and automatons
- Restatted and renamed cloning factory and mind control center to make them less futuristic

version 0.6:
New Units:
- Special Forces (Navy Seal skin, America has different UU, upgrades from Marine, can be carried by sub and attack sub)
- Mechanized Infantry (original MI is now Infantry Fighting Vehicle, MI is now mostly city defense)
- Modern Infantry (to bridge the gap from Infantry to Infantry Fighting Vehicle) (6 artstyles)
- Modern Armor (4 artstyles)
- Tank (6 artstyles)

- Biplane (2 artstyles)
- Fighter Bomber (5 artstyles)
- Strike Fighter (2 artstyles)
- Close Air Support (4 artstyles)
- Early Jet Fighter (4 artstyles)
- Jet Fighter (original Jet Fighter is now Multirole fighter) (3 artstyles)
- Air Supperiority Fighter (3 artstyles)
- Advanced Fighter (3 artstyles)
- Multirole fighter (3 artstyles)

- Bomber (5 artstyles)
- Jet Bomber (4 artstyles)
- Strategic Bomber (2 artstyles)

- Early Destroyer
- Early Cruiser
- Dreadnought
- Carrier Submarine (carries 1 fighter)
- Ballistic Submarine (carries missiles and can bombard) (2 artstyles)
- Carrier (original carrier is now supercarrier UU for America that replaces Nuclear Carrier)
- Nuclear Carrier (2 artstyles)
- Attack Submarine (2 artstyles)

General Changes:
- 4 new technologies to make the modern era less cluttered and fast with the new units
- All new aircraft have 2 or 3 different skins depending on the civ you play (mostly East/Russia and West/American)
- Aircraft and Ships upgrade tree has been changed to fit the new planes and ships in
- Actual Quotes mod by Willowmound added (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=234288)
- Added Hirohito as second Japanese leader
- 2nd UU for all civs that fit the civ both in graphic as name
- Flavour units for tanks, modern armor, all aircraft, submarines
- Adding Sevopedia

Future Possible Additions:
- Adding African flavour units
- Adding flavour units for later gameplay (gunpowder and renaissance)
- Adding Early Tank

Credits:
None of the models are made by me. They are from other mods and from the forums and file database. I tried to sum up all modelers that I used models from. If I forgot someone, please mail me and I will add his/her name.
- Snafusmith (modern warfare units)
- GeneralMath (ships like kuznetsov, kirov etc)
- baal (modern infantry)
- Asioasioasio (modern warfare units & early jet fighter units)
- C.Roland (units, like khyber rifles)
- Chugginator (war elephants)
- Bakuel (andean knight)
- nautil (aircraft like JSF and MI24)
- Esnazs (Israel)
- Chiyu (Extra mod)
- Gir (Circus Maximus and Flavian Amphitheatre)
- HROCHland (Burj al-Arab)
- Refar (akula)

Hello.

I tried this mod, and I had a few problems.

All the additional jet fighters (i.e. air superiority fighter, advanced fighter, etc.) appeared as the default jet fighter, the jet bomber appeared as the stealth bomber, and the additional naval units appeared as default naval units.

Also, the dreadnought appeared as the Next War dreadnought rather than an early battleship.

How do I fix these issues?

Also, a version of this without the next war units, (assault mech, clones, etc.) would be great for those of us who do not want to play a fanatsy game.

@bmarnz: thnx and let me know what you think

@bjohnson7mdm: I'll look into that. Here it doesn't do that. The problem with the dreadnought could be due to the name, although it shows up here correct. Are you using the default version of BtS or the 3.02 version? As for a no next war version, I may do that. I liked the dreadnought and shield in the next war version, so I may make a version without the clones and mechs. But that will probably after I have a fully working version that is satisfactory to me :)
Okay I checked the version that I uploaded and it works fine here. Make sure you have the original version of BtS and just place it in you BtS/Mods folder and it should work.

Almost all 2nd UU's are now in the game. I also added the Sevopedia mod so the unitupgrade tree and promotion upgrade tree can be viewed. When all UU's are in, I'll upload the next version. It also has some scale fixes for the new units.

Well, I am happy to announce that by raising the qualityof the textures, the problem ceased to be an issue.

Also, I have a few more suggestions. It would be great if you could add the B-52 as the US Jet Bomber, and the B-17 and/or B-29 in place of the default bomber for the USA. The TU-95 would also be great as the Russian Jet Bomber, even though it is not technically a jet. The B-57 Canberra would be great as the Jet Bomber for England as well. Even a P-51 for the US Fighter or F4F/Corsair as the Fighter-Bomber would be fantastic.

All in all, this is a great mod and I feel out of place making suggestions.

I can't wait to see the next version. ;)

Sorry for the lack of updates. I have the next version almost ready and I hope to upload it today. The 2nd UU's for all civs proofed to be a little more difficult than I thought. I'm currently adding flavour units for the biplane, fighter, bomber, jet bomber, early jet fighter, tank, modern armor and gunship. When those are done, I'll upload the next version.

@bjohnson7mdm: I always appreciate suggestions, so please keep them coming. Especially since you're the only one currently playing it besides me ;)
To comment on your suggestion: It was on my list and I'm currently implementing these flavour units. I first wanted to see which ones I would need for a possible UU.

Can you post this mod as a non-.rar file???

P.S.
Did you take any Ideas from Snafusmith's Modern Warfare Mod???

@Thinker19930602: I will post the new version in zip-format, hopefully that helps. I mostly used the MW units as flavour units for the different civs. So for example the Russians have a different tank, modern armor, early jet fighter, fighter, fighter-bomber, bomber, strike fighter, close air support fighter, multirole fighter, air sup. fighter, advanced fighter, nuclear aircraft carrier, attack sub. Furthermore, the American, English, French, Japanese, Chinese also have a lot of different units, but they are not UU's, just the skin is different.

When playing in French, there is no text anywhere.

Here's a screen shot :

Hope this help.

That's really strange. In English it works here. If you put the language to english, does it work then or does it still not work? I will try to change the language in my own game to see what happens. It is strange that it happens with the Zulu's since there should nothing be changed there.

Yes, it works fine in English btw.

Well, I don't mind playing in English anyway.

PS : you should name the .rar/.zip with the version number, else it's a pain to track versions.

Ok, I've tested it in a full game.

It's cool, but there is -for me- too much unit in the modern area, especially air units, I didn't feel the need to use so much diversity.

Also I miss a big future tree (not only the next war one) with much more diversity (maybe you should move those countless air unit here ?) and please put the space part higher in the tech tree, else it's nearly impossible to use everything in the modern area (let alone the future tech) before a space win.

@Saltiana: It was actually my idea that you have only 2 or 3 airplanes at a given time. You have an advanced fighter for example, a stealth attack fighter (vs armored units) and a stealth bomber. As for the space race parts, I actually never play with this option enabled so I haven't seen this problem. I will move some of the parts to later techs.
The reason for this mod actually was to not add an expansive future tech. Maybe there should be some more modern techs, but I actually want to stop with the advanced fighters (fighters currently being developed) and maybe even remove the clone part of the game, since that's not very realistic.

I'd like to see your mod combined with Wolfshanze's- he's got a few more industrial boats, and did a good fix to grens/cannons. He's going to work on tanks next.

Also, are there any new air promotions?

Top Bottom