[BtS] JKP1187's NOT JUST ANOTHER NEXTWAR MOD

Please also add the biplane and WWI tank that are included in the game assets but not used. They complement the airship for a brief WWI period.
Here's the XML for what I think the units might be capable of:

That's a nice idea, but in my opinion, this mod is more or less complete with only one or two things left to really fix -- the biomissiles, and perhaps tweaking the game speed balance a little. The point of the Not Just Another NextWar Mod was just to fix things that were honestly broken or unbalanced in Firaxis Next War....since the 3.17 release, all of those were fixed, but there are still a few 'flavor' things I want to keep that couldn't be included in the 3.17 Firaxis Next War, so I will keep updating this mod. (E.g., using the Great Soviet Anthem for Stalin's diplomatic music).

Once I get some time, I hope to make another variant -- NextWar: Experimental -- that may include a limited number of new units, new civs, new leaders, and new buildings. So I'll consider your idea for that, but I'm going to be pretty ruthless in keeping changes to a minimum. In general my philosophy is that a few small changes can go a long way.

Well, you were mentioning new civics and so on, so I thought you might like the idea of something that is already in the game but not used.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to your update.

Well, you were mentioning new civics and so on, so I thought you might like the idea of something that is already in the game but not used.

I can recommend you the coming new Caesium-Mod for BtS, it will include some of JKKP´s Mod and some other mods. There you will find the plane and the tank. :goodjob:

Right now it´s in early beta-testing phase. :crazyeye:

I can recommend you the coming new Caesium-Mod for BtS, it will include some of JKKP´s Mod and some other mods. There you will find the plane and the tank. :goodjob:

Right now it´s in early beta-testing phase. :crazyeye:

Well, while we are advertising other mods here, you coudl also try Diversica, it too includes the fighter and bomber (amongst other things) and Next War.

You probably might want to wait for the next update (due this weekend) which makes it compatible with 3.17 (it works right now too, but does not incorporate all 3.17 changes).

Is there a download for the Caesium-BtS mod ? Did only find the Warlords version so far.

That's cool. I appreciate any suggestions.

For the rest of you--I HOPE to have some time this weekend to play with it. I think it's just going to be a straight-up merge, I don't think anything was changed with regard to XML tags.

And for those who posted advertisements, please PM me as soon as possible so I can send you my PayPal address so that you can pay my advertisement fee. :gold: :D

Well, while we are advertising other mods here, you coudl also try Diversica, it too includes the fighter and bomber (amongst other things) and Next War.

You probably might want to wait for the next update (due this weekend) which makes it compatible with 3.17 (it works right now too, but does not incorporate all 3.17 changes).

Is there a download for the Caesium-BtS mod ? Did only find the Warlords version so far.

sry, there is none for BtS yet, like I wrote above, it´s in an early beta-phase, with some bugs, missing or not working mod-components. I can pm you when Caesium releases it, if you want.

And for those who posted advertisements, please PM me as soon as possible so I can send you my PayPal address so that you can pay my advertisement fee. :gold: :D

well, you can always pm us, but I did not see a fee mentioned anywhere in this thread :D

I'd say we are even, you used my 4 unit category icons in the 3.17 release without mentioning me (you did mention who made the disease control center icon though, otherwise I would not even have noted that) ;)

sry, there is none for BtS yet, like I wrote above, it´s in an early beta-phase, with some bugs, missing or not working mod-components. I can pm you when Caesium releases it, if you want.

If it is released on CFC, I'll notice it, thanks for the offer ;)

well, you can always pm us, but I did not see a fee mentioned anywhere in this thread :D

I'd say we are even, you used my 4 unit category icons in the 3.17 release without mentioning me (you did mention who made the disease control center icon though, otherwise I would not even have noted that) ;)

Unfortunately, that list in the official patch wasn't written by me, but that's not an excuse, I should've made sure that everyone who helped out received appropriate credit for everything that they did, so I apologize. :( There were other people who helped out with other things, such as translations, that were left off the list entirely. I will make sure everyone is properly acknowledged when I upgrade this mod, though.

Unfortunately, that list in the official patch wasn't written by me, but that's not an excuse, I should've made sure that everyone who helped out received appropriate credit for everything that they did, so I apologize. :( There were other people who helped out with other things, such as translations, that were left off the list entirely. I will make sure everyone is properly acknowledged when I upgrade this mod, though.

No need to apologize, I only brought it up as a joke (my icons as compensation for the ad). If I hadn't upgraded and taken a look at the changelist this recently, I would already have forgotten about it again. As it was, I did remember it just in time ;)

It sounds like he's been real busy at work. I'm more than happy to be patient and wait for JKP's updated Next War mod.

After all, if I wanted something hastily thrown together in a slapdash fashion, I'd just play the game with the official patches. ;)

Hi all -
After having moved, I finally got Not Another Next War installed and I'm having issues.
I had to re-install Civ 4, warlords, then BtS. I then installed the 3.13 patch and bhuic's 3.13 patch. I then installed the Not Another Next War mod. I open the game and go to advanced, choosing the mod. It has me choose the size of the map (huge) speed (marathon), etc...i choose chieftain setting and as its initializing, the game crashes.
I understand JKP's not around right now, but if there is someone else with any ideas, I'd love to know what's causing the crash.
EDIT: It seems I was having the issue no matter what, not just with the mod.
So I upgraded to the 3.17 patch, but from what I've read here, I'm not certain that the mod works with the newest patch. So I figure I'll just play another normal game.

Thank you,
Theocrat

Hi all -
Well that may be the reason it's been working with 3.17!
This is only sort of related...the new Civ IV Colonization doesn't require CivIV (according to an ad in PC Gamer). Unsure if there is speculation or whatever, but if you have C4+addon's, will it play and update? From the PCG review, it seems like Colonization upgraded the graphics and such. I'm uninterested in the colonization idea, but I'd like to see new leaders and options in addition to new updated graphics.
If C4:C works with C4+W+BtS will also work with JKP's Mod?
If this is the wrong area to ask about such thing, let me know and I'll direct the questions there.
Issak

I am pretty sure that this is not the right thread for a Col discussion.

Right now noone knows whether the Col graphics will work in Civ (actually, those who do know are not allowed to tell yet), but we will know in a few weeks for sure.

Top Bottom