BTS Late Game Too Heavy???

kniteowl

Pirate Captain :P
I know I shouldn't judge before I actually play the game for my self?

But... do you guys think with all the new extra buildings, units and techs, the Late/Modern game will slow down and MIGHT end up very slow like it was in Civ 3?

If that is the problem... assuming such a problem exist, then I's split the modern age into two parts.

Early Modern Age (Modern Age)
Late Modern Age (Space Age) Techs that are related to the Space-race. Another name could be Information Age I guess.

EDIT:
Are you afraid of overloading the game by adding so many late-game units?
<alexman> We added more turns to the game to go with the more units

Hmm... the Modern will feel a lot longer then the other ages in the game, it appears.

Nah, I think this is great. Remember it's along time since the vanilla edition came out. I guess the standard of the average computer is better now, then then, and it shouldn't be a problem.

Let's be happy that Civilization is moving towards perfection, and towards the limits of it's great potential! :)

I like all the new stuff, and feels it will add to the game and make it funnier and more interesting to play. The only thing I'm afraid for is that forts might be to good. I fear to see forts on every tile, as we see roads now.... but hopefully the thought about that.

Civ4 has always been too bottom heavy (it was made even worse in Warlords), BTS seems to be balancing it out.

I know I shouldn't judge before I actually play the game for my self?

But... do you guys think with all the new extra buildings, units and techs, the Late/Modern game will slow down and MIGHT end up very slow like it was in Civ 3?

I've contemplated it. Deciding that the late game could become more complex and interesting than ever before, I chose to take my machine to the shop and max out my RAM now, rather than have some fascinating and compelling epic struggle hit the wall, and find myself unable to take "...One ...more...turn!!"

I'm greatly encouraged since I've read in the chat transcript that they've dealt with the Memory Allocation Error/Failure, and that the game runs better on dual core processors ( which is what I have) than single. So I don't think it will be be as much of an issue as I'd feared.

Something has to be done to make the end game less done i wouldnt acutally mind it getting a little long.

Civ4 has always been too bottom heavy (it was made even worse in Warlords), BTS seems to be balancing it out.
Agreed- the games does seem to trail off in later years. The Space Race sometimes seems like a tacked-on distraction from this, rather than a major gameplay element.

i'm wondering if the Space race is to much... Fantasy. If it is then i'm gonna play without the space race.

Top Bottom