1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

BTS Patch version 3.03!

Discussion in 'News Updates' started by Methos, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Methos

Methos HoF Quattromaster Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Firaxis has released the 3.03 patch for Civ4: Beyond the Sword. The patch is accessible through your in-game Advanced menu or from 2K Games website. The known changes are:
    • Microsoft Fix for Manifest Requirements
    • DirectX 9.0c June Version Included

2. SHADOW-XIII

SHADOW-XIII Chieftain

I hope they included all needed fixes ....

3. MacGyverInSpace

MacGyverInSpace Monarch

Yeah, whats the point of whiping a patch like this? It looks like it has no gameplay changes. It will just throw off multiplayer again.

..But its huge...

4. jkp1187

jkp1187 Unindicted Co-Conspirator

Any comments on whether or not this is backwards-compatible with saves?

5. jkp1187

jkp1187 Unindicted Co-Conspirator

6. ggganz

ggganz a.k.a. The Scyphozoa

All patches are.

And why didn't they fix the multiplayer bug where you can't play with customassets???

7. KieranC

KieranC Chieftain

They Should send out a patch to help with lag times between turns in later game.

8. ggganz

That WAS improved with the release of BtS! If you didn't notice it, then it wasn't even worth doing.

9. KieranC

KieranC Chieftain

I'm still getting massive lag times in late game on a large map. Longer than the original civ 4 had in late game.

10. Looshi

Looshi Chieftain

I just think that's an effect of the new BTS AI. It seems like it would take more processor power to run. A fair trade off, if you ask me.

11. KieranC

KieranC Chieftain

You're right but there must be something to help. I'm sitting at the computer looking at a waiting for other civilizations screen for a minute after each turn. longer if another leader wants to talk to me.

12. CivAgamemnon

CivAgamemnon King

This appears totally useless. I have no problems with the game other than the problem with BlueMarble graphics. If it doesn't fix this or address gameplay issues, it's not much of a patch. I'll pass and wait for the next one.

And I wish they'd fix the customassets regarding graphics. ::annoyed::

13. Cabay Jet

Cabay Jet Warlord

All I want to know is how come a beta tester (Solver) who wasn't affiliated with the programmers of Civ IV (to the best of my knowledge) can single handedly fix more bugs than a professional programming team in the space of a week. Even when the programming team has 3 weeks instead of one, they still get outperformed. It just seems ridiculous to me. Absolutely ridiculous. This may be the last game I buy from Firaxis, its not that I don't like Civ IV BtS, on the contrary, I love it. It's just the way that Firaxis has a way of releasing games before they are ready and handling patches for said games, I'm sick of it to be frank. Civ IV vanilla had more bugs then my grandmother's barn, and even though BtS had many less bugs when it came out than vanilla civ IV there are still enough to be noticeable during normal game play, and this patch solves little as far as I can see.

*huff* *huff* *pant*

That's all.

14. Artie

Artie Chieftain

That's funny every time I patch I can't load a save....

15. alcaras

alcaras Warlord

This is a really big patch... why is it so big?

What do they mean by DirectX 9.0c included... isn't that already downloadable separately (i.e. I think I already have it)...

16. Cabay Jet

Cabay Jet Warlord

My guess is that the patch is so large because they want people to stop complaining about Civ IV wanting a newer version of DirectX and them already having the newest version. (DX 9.0c) The patch includes DX 9.0c June 2007, the latest version from Mircosoft. Go figure.

17. Ghost Ranger

Ghost Ranger Prince

18. Artie

Artie Chieftain

So can I get it without DX?? Where is it going to be so when I am done patching I can get rid of it so I don't waste all that hard drive space???

BAH..... Guess I should have just not installed BTS and then patched the DX so that I wouldn't have wasted that time.

19. arstal

arstal Say No 2 Net Validations

To the posts complaining about the fix. They probably don't want to do a bunch of patches, so they're delaying the gameplay fixes until later. I don't agree with this- but it's the way things are done for some reason.

20. ggganz

Ya know what? I suck at civ4 (I have been playing for over a year and can barely win on Warlord) so I am just going to stick to civ4 and wait for civ5 complete next time.

EDIT: crosspost, not that it matters. :(