BTS Patch version 3.03!

"Civ4BeyondTheSwordPatch3.03_B.exe" ... so i guess the "B" stands for Beta? :lol:

A "real" patch is coming, but we have some more things we're putting into it and it needs to go through certification. Creating a version of the game which had a working copy of DirectX was the first priority. ;)

Jon

Just to keep everyone sane, this is a public viewable quote from another forum that I frequent. Jon is one of the programmers (or at least he was credited as one on all the releases), so while this isn't an "official" announcement...

I'm still getting massive lag times in late game on a large map. Longer than the original civ 4 had in late game.

Same here, I think BTS is SLOWER than Warlords or vanilla.

About DX: what the hell ! Why they didn't include DX on CD/DVD or in any case they should provide ONLY download link (in FAQ),put info in the readme, or on website (like with HideMovieBackground in ini file), putting patch with whole DX inside is .. well ... stupid !

I just think that's an effect of the new BTS AI. It seems like it would take more processor power to run. A fair trade off, if you ask me.
didn't they remove AI cheating powers on harder levels ? so instead of "cheats" it uses more CPU probably

I still get Lag on easier levels too.

A real patch is definitely needed. I hope it includes fixes for both the espionage bug and global warming. Global warming starting immediately in late start games seems VERY buggy to me. Plus it's simply not fun.

Ya we/I kinda predicted this. Lets say updated specs are needed more then a new patch . Its all the extra calculations AI goes through on typical turn that put us a step back in performance when build up occurs lategame or anytime!, if you like overly "huge" many civs type epics

Processor improvement will push you through if you already max memory and expierencing problems

hey, just been experiencing some weird crashes after installing this patch...I've already added 'em in the bugs forum...just a heads-up if you're unsure about this patch.

ok, its very usual in games industry to release games with bugs... but wait a minute... why i have to pay for a game full of bugs???...
i dont want to enter in a discussion about piracy.. but...
why dont wait some time until release???
in my country this games cost 1/10 of my wage so i expect to have a descent game with no bugs...

i dont going to waste my money until they fix their bugs...
t

I think you are trying to justify your actions for yourself but it is still clear to me that you are stealing. I'm sorry if you cannot afford this game but Civ IV is NOT full of bugs and BTS neither. Most issues are balancing issues and they are solved for free. A complex game as Civ will never be perfect in one try.

So, if you download it basically you are stealing from me because I pay for the game so there will be patches and a Civ V one day. Or just because I think the game is worth it. If you don't agree then do not play it but don't bother us with your self-justifications if you do.

I haven't had any crashes since installing the patch, but I've noticed some very odd graphical glitches: My Horse Archer attacks computer's Archer, and all but one of the Horse Archers fall in the battle, but after I win it and the Horse Archer advances into the square, all three are back, and when I check, the Archer never landed any hits at all . . . It's happened in pretty much every battle since the patch.

I haven't had any crashes since installing the patch, but I've noticed some very odd graphical glitches: My Horse Archer attacks computer's Archer, and all but one of the Horse Archers fall in the battle, but after I win it and the Horse Archer advances into the square, all three are back, and when I check, the Archer never landed any hits at all . . . It's happened in pretty much every battle since the patch.

I have experienced similar problems with the battle animations.

Why don't they make the Tactical Nuke a conventional weapon with the range of a bomber and the lethality of the cruise missile? That way they can mimick the real life directions the People's Republic of China and Iran have chosen to go with their tactical ballistic missiles. The addition of GPS to tactical balllistic missile guidance systems has given the TBM the range and accuracy of a bomber. They have become the poor man's Strategic Air Command.

Very respectfully,

Cowabunga

I also have this problem. I'm playing a large map with 14 civs. I just got my first cavalries (not that late in the game yet) and the game is already much slower.
I have to wait for 1 or 2 second every time I select a unit. The units also move slower. I already lowered the graphics, but it doesn't seem to help that much.
This is frustrating, as it makes war even more tedious. BTS already require that you use much more unit to take a single city. I still have over 10 cities to take to wipe out Justinian. I'm already certain to win this war, but I'm not sure I'll have the patience to move all these units with the lag time.

I used to be able to play on huge map, with the best graphics, with only a slight lag time between each turn. I love large and huge maps with plenty of civs, so I hope they solve this soon.

I'm sorry if you cannot afford this game but Civ IV is NOT full of bugs and BTS neither.
Methinks you read into his post a bit too much...

Piracy issues excluded, I have zero problems paying for a game that is a little buggy... but I have yet to play through a full game of BTS due to crashes.

All that having been said, it's not like Firaxis is on vacation... they're working on it as expeditiously as possible (there is a brand at stake after all).

Likewise, just imagine what we'd be saying if they delayed the release of BTS due to "bugs". We'd be having a fit!

I just hope the next patch fixes the problems entirely... and past experience has proven this to be so. Maybe they'll include a really cool Napoleonic scenario as a way to apologize for the bugs? But that's just me being hopeful and expecting something for free...

In the meantime, the fact that folks are playing the game despite the bugs/game crashes proves a success... so I'm not terribly worried. I'll wait for the real patch... my wife certainly isn't complaining that there isn't a patch out (otherwise I'd be playing Civ and not mowing the lawn, doing chores, etc).

Conclusion: The lack of a Civ patch is a massive c-o-n-spiracy by our wives and g/fs to get us to do work rather than play BTS.

I also have this problem. I'm playing a large map with 14 civs. I just got my first cavalries (not that late in the game yet) and the game is already much slower.
I have to wait for 1 or 2 second every time I select a unit. The units also move slower. I already lowered the graphics, but it doesn't seem to help that much.
This is frustrating, as it makes war even more tedious. BTS already require that you use much more unit to take a single city. I still have over 10 cities to take to wipe out Justinian. I'm already certain to win this war, but I'm not sure I'll have the patience to move all these units with the lag time.

I used to be able to play on huge map, with the best graphics, with only a slight lag time between each turn. I love large and huge maps with plenty of civs, so I hope they solve this soon.

Yes, I love huge maps too. I think they're fun. But lowering graphics doesn't work. I think it might have something to do with the AI. :sad:

Yes, I love huge maps too. I think they're fun. But lowering graphics doesn't work. I think it might have something to do with the AI. :sad:

Changing the graphics used to work a bit. But with BTS, I'm not so sure, since most of the lag time is due to the AI...

Top Bottom