[BTS] The Crusades ModComp

Here is a preview of the latest version of this mod:

Civ4ScreenShot0031.JPGCiv4ScreenShot0032.JPG

I will be uploading the new version shortly. Kailric's Holy Wars Mod (Alpha version) has also been combined into this one. Eventually, the final release of this mod will be included in his final release on his thread.

UPDATE:

Please check first post for latest update!

update #5 is up. here are screenshot of the new Teutonic Sergeant: Civ4ScreenShot0035.JPG

Hasashin is coming next.

Also, stay tuned for the introduction of the new Commander unit. The Marshall of each order will be the first examples of this unit. Abilities are being tested out, and the main idea is that the unit will confer combat bonuses to other units in the stack.

Very nice!

Although I've no permission from the original creators I've a little addition for this mod:

"Wondermovies" for the Krak, Montfort and Al-Aqsa. The movies ain't much, just a nice picture from WIKI and binked it.

I also fixed the cost for Montfort (changed it to 400, as it should be, in stead of 90).

Maybe the name of the Al-Aqsa Mosque should be reconsidered because in the era of the crusades I'm sure it wasn't a mosque! ;)

Hope you like it...

Attachments

• Holy Wars Movies.rar
    137.9 KB · Views: 80
I've a little addition for this mod:

"Wondermovies" for the Krak, Montfort and Al-Aqsa. The movies ain't much, just a nice picture from WIKI and binked it.

I also fixed the cost for Montfort (changed it to 400, as it should be, in stead of 90).

Maybe the name of the Al-Aqsa Mosque should be reconsidered because in the era of the crusades I'm sure it wasn't a mosque! ;)

Welcome, Arian! Not bad for a first post.:goodjob:

Although I must correct you on the al-Aqsa Mosque: the original building was reconstructed as a mosque under Ummayad Caliph 'Abd al-Malik (685-705) and received its current name under his successor al-Walid (709-715).

oops, sorry for the mistake on the Montfort. thanks for the corrections, arian. i'll dl it asap.

as for the hashashin's stats. my current idea is to make them an invisible unit that will be reuseable like spies. however, my plan is NOT to make them like regular units. ideally, they will be able to perform an assassination mission against special non-combat units... but what do i mean by that?

let us consider Medieval 2: Total War. assassin's assassinate generals. currently, the only generals are Great Generals in BTS. i plan on changing that. Kailric dabbling in making code that will allow some sort of passive promotion conferrence to other units in a stack. i would like to add this ability to Great Generals as well as a new General unit I plan on making. what i want is to make the unit add his own promotion bonuses to all other units in a stack. multiple Generals in a stack, however, do not have additional bonuses, with only the most experienced affecting the stack. a Great General that joins a unit loses the ability to confer bonuses. assassinating these guys is a good thing, therefore.

in M2:TW, u can also assassinate princesses, diplomats, priests and inquisitors. Civ4 has missionaries and i can include inquisitors, as they have exist in a modcomp. you can also assassinate spies and merchants. in Civ4, there are Great Merchants and i will also be making Pilgrims and Merchants in the future--both with the ability to add a small chunk of change by going to foreign cities (where the Pilgrim must go to the Holy City).

so now the Hashashin will be a very special assassin available only to Muslim Civs. i will give them added bonuses to be better than a run-of-the-mill assassin (the Assassin unit, i will probably make way down the road). only spies and other assassins can see him. he can perform an Assassinate Mission on Great People, Generals (to be made soon), Pilgrims (upcoming), Merchants (down the road), Diplomats (down the road), Missionaries, and anything else that doesn't do combat that would be considered "SPECIALUNIT_PEOPLE". there will be an assassination chance. success means the assassin remains and the unit is instantly erased. failure means the assassin might die.

there appears to be no completely satisfactory way to determine success since that would incur having to modify a number of things. the easiest method would be set a flat chance for success, though certain factors can be taken into account easily. factors like whether or not the unit is with other combat units, spies, or in a city with or witout a castle or citadel.

anyway, all this is what i would like, but this requires coding. as i know only one coder, this may take a good deal of time to come to fruition. however, the code, i think, will be fairly simple.

Here's something that I thought would be cool:

Keep the HQ buildings as world wonders, and the chapter houses as national wonders, but have chapter houses require that the HQ building also be present in your empire. In other words, building Montfort Castle unlocks the Teutonic Chapter Houses for your empire and your empire alone.

This isn't currently do-able in xml alone: it would require either python or an SDK change.

Top Bottom