Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Jeystone, Nov 1, 2012.
no idea why this has started happening.
Any one got any ideas please
That means Civ4 does not have writing access to the folder it tries to write to (that is actually normal if you have it installed in the normal program folder in Windows Vista or later).
Either start Civ4 as admin (it has writing access there then) or manually give your normal user writing access to the Civ4 folder and its subfolders (mainly the C2C folders).
works fine when I start as admin but when I try to start by clicking on a saved game there is no option to run as admin. Win7 Home BTW
Well, there are two alternatives:
1. start the game and load your save from the mod
2. give write access to the Civ4 folder and subfolders as already suggested.
3. and most important: enjoy playing
1. Yes I do that and every thing is fine.
3. Oh I do and have been since civ 1
You might follow this guide.
Thanks Flinx. Going to give it a try
Separate names with a comma.