Bug Reports and Solutions

Thank you all for your reporting and sharp eyes! I will take care of these problems.

I've gotten the No GP Icon glitch myself several times, but I got that playing my new Angleeye Kingdom, which led me to believe that it had to do with them. I'll see what may cause it and fix it; for it is indeed irritating.

Ok, I must be dreaming. I have over nine tiles of marble, three tiles of stone, multiple corn, incense, and wheat all near me. In the fat cross alone, I have cows, wheat, corn, and two tiles of incense. Is this what you intended, or is something out of control? Like my luck. :lol:

I am playing with the Erezon, Historical map, standard speed, Warlord level. Oh, and I did what you recommended for getting back the vanilla terrain. The terrain looks vanilla so no trouble getting it back.

The resources situation on the Fairy Tale Scenario maps was what I got when I resized the maps from very much bigger ones. The resources were all left, only in a smaller areas. Your rivals are experiencing the same situation. Some resources, like Crystal, are fewer and farther between though.

Started a new custom game, Strategea mapscript. CTD as the map finished generating. A coins sound effect was heard just before the CTD. I believe this bug is caused when you start off on the same tile as a goody hut (same bug used to be present in Dune Wars mod as well).

On the civic screen, under State Property, "TXT_KEY_TECH_UTOPIA".

Also got a random Python error, "Cannot find enum for type tag EVENTTRIGGER_PARTISANS".

Thanks for reporting.

I am aware of the "Partisans-issue". I don't yet know where it comes from. I got it today myself when I captured a city. It is a Python exception and shouldn't show for players who don't have logging turned on. There's another similar Python exception popping up too and that regards unit naming when creating the national heroes. These are known bugs and will be dealt with.

I will see what can be done with the mapscript as well; and change the civilopedia accordingly for "utopia" too.

Ah, got it. In CvEventManager.py line 904 is where the game triggers the partisan event in BTS. Since this mod doesn't have a partisan event, nothing happens, but since it tries to assign the event data to a variable first, that's presumably what's triggering the Python exception.

I really love this game mod. Great music and the ambiance, along with those skeletons running around, allow me to suspend my disbelief and enjoy this fantasy world you created.

That being said, I had to laugh when I found clams next to a city I founded. The clams are in a forest/plains tile. And also I noticed a number of forests sitting in the lakes. The tile info calls them forest/coast tiles.

Mark

I really love this game mod. Great music and the ambiance, along with those skeletons running around, allow me to suspend my disbelief and enjoy this fantasy world you created.

That being said, I had to laugh when I found clams next to a city I founded. The clams are in a forest/plains tile. And also I noticed a number of forests sitting in the lakes. The tile info calls them forest/coast tiles.

Mark
Yes I saw that myself playing one of the Scenarios....it did not occur on a random map so I assume its a problem with the scenario maps....might want to recheck your maps Le Sage....

:lol: That is what I am working on right now. The new maps won't have as many resources, but be more balanced, as not to provide cities growing to their thirties. I've done six of the maps already and will take on the rest today. Then I shall release a patch with HighwayHoss' updates and some other stuff as well.

I forgot to mention, the Erezon special units that replace the regular units are of the same name. So I guess you just have not gotten around to renaming them.

E.G. Swordsman is the unique Erezon unit replacing the Swordsman. :lol:

I am playing The Confed of Yatenga, which turns out to be an interesting civ. However, it looks like I am unable to build my civ's hero unit because "The Seductress" requires iron resource and "Industrial Park". Since the game won't allow you to have "Industrial Park" (unless I use WB), I have no way to access my hero unit.

Ok, I solved the water well issue, I think. You have a missing piece of code in Mods\Fairy Tale\Assets\Python\CvEventManager.py. I added the following lines under "def onBuildingBuilt" (line 547):

Code:
# Water Well		
		if iBuildingType == gc.getInfoTypeForString( 'BUILDING_WATER_WELL' ):

iX = pCity.getX()
			iY = pCity.getY()
			pPlot = CyMap().plot(iX +0, iY +0)

pPlot.setFeatureType(gc.getInfoTypeForString( "FEATURE_UNDERGROUND_WATER" ), 1)		
# End Water Well

And now new water well gives the fresh water feature to the city.

Ah! Thank you, Ono-Neko. I'll include this in the next Patch then!

(Yes! I remember now. I reverted the CvEventManager to an older version some time back, and this must have gone out at the same time then...)

For whatever reason, your Patch 2 still doesn't give underground water when water well is built. I noticed you put the code for it under the following if clause:
Code:
if ((not gc.getGame().isNetworkMultiPlayer()) and (pCity.getOwner() == gc.getGame().getActivePlayer()) and isWorldWonderClass(gc.getBuildingInfo(iBuildingType).getBuildingClassType())):

Any reason why? water well is not WW class building, so that will always be false.

the game crashes at the beginning of next turn

Attachments

• QuickSave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    116.4 KB · Views: 147
Let me take a look at these things...

QQQBBB. I didn't get a game crash myself. I didn't even get a Python Exception or anything else. I add the continued save game to the post here.

Ono-Neko. I have a real hard time reading programming languages, so I've placed the code in the wrong place. I'll dig up an old CvEventManager and see how it was done before.

Attachments

• CrashGameContinued.CivBeyondSwordSave
    118.5 KB · Views: 149
seems like the game crashed because i changed iResearchPercent to 200 but i played vanilla game with this setting with no problem

Top Bottom