Bugs/Error reports

Hi. :)

I'm very interested to try this mod but it seems to be crashing when I go to start a Custom Game. I've installed the latest version (4l?) and it's the only version I've ever tried. The mod loads up OK and I can select the game conditions (and I'm using the ones suggested in the main thread). When I hit 'Play', the game loads for a bit and then crashes with the 'Civ 4 has stopped working' error and I get kicked to desktop.

I do have Vista (Home) but I have UAC off (which I believe can cause other issues). Beyond that my system is pretty vanilla. I have Civ4 patched to latest official patch. I do use a version of a graphics mod for Civ4 standard games, but I unloaded the mod and deleted everything in Custom Assets.

Is anyone else having a similar issue or are there any suggestions I can try to get it to work?

Thanks in advance!

I tried playing this mod for the first time. I notice the other civs are very backwards, they dont expand, so I entered worldbuilder and I saw none of the other civs built anything in their systems. Im using the settings recommended by you. 3.17 build of BtS.
Im using 4f patch.

I noticed people are probably still playing patches as early as 4f (although it's not the latest full install for offficial patch 3.17), but you do not mention what level you were playing at; I myself play either Standard or Hard level (which already makes a challenging game IMO), but I'm more of a casual player and you could easily play a harder difficulty level. Also, the Game Options allow for a much more challenging game than the one you're describing; if you want a real challenge you can even turn on Raging Barbarians. In short, I don't consider this to be a bug or error, really. (But I appreciate the feedback, so thanks.);)

I've got the latest file 4l which is a full install and have been trying to play it. Yes, I am fully up to date with BTS as I play other mods.

Every single time, I choose a map whether it's play now! or custom game. So far I've tried 4 different maps, wormhole spiral galaxy, spiral galaxy, final frontier, enclosed space, and thus far I get a CTD every time while the map generator screen is going.

The music sounds awesome. I was able to point to the soundtrack folder and get that working at least.

EDIT: my OS is Vista Ultimate 32 bit if it makes any difference.

Darn. That's the second time I've received feedback on this. I'll check.

EDIT: Seems I repeated the error I made with the previous patch; I'm reloading the file...

Hm - already my regular MP tester has reported he's still getting an initialization CTD with patch 4l. (I might have expected that, as he has no trouble installing a mod even with a faulty auto-install path.) Frankly I'm a bit puzzled by now; I can't repeat the CTD (patch 4l works OK on my end), so without any further info I don't really know what needs fixing. Which leaves me at present in dubio as to what patch to build 4m on... (I could ofcourse update both patches. We'll see.)

Yep, I re-downloaed 4l again today, removed the old install, and tried the new one - same crash when initializing the game. It gets to 'Setting up players' and then boom!

:( Hm, I was afraid of that... Looks like I'll have to go back to patch 4k for building the next patch. I'm assuming at least patch 4k works OK?

just got this mod working today (been trying for a few days now). been a long time moo fan among other turn based classics. anyway, i couldn't get patch l or k to work for me, it was only when going back to I and patching with J that i got it to work. I am ofcourse updated and placing it in the right location (mod folder of bts). I was getting the same problems several of the other posters were. I was loading to the main screen fine, but would freeze or ctd when I tried to setup a custom game in any of several of the FF maps (spiral galaxy, etc). It would happen while the map was loading.

no clue what the problem could be, ive been experienced enough with the civ 4 mods to install and play everything from fall from heaven, fall further and +, dune wars, etc, and now a lower patched version of this mod, but no clue what the problem is with the later patches. XP operating system.

Actually, that's a new one: getting the same CTD with patch 4k as with 4l... Theoretically this would mean I'd have to go back to patch 3i-j to get a CTD-free mod working again; unfortunately I can't confirm any of these CTDs as they don't appear on my end, making it very hard to ascertain what exactly needs fixing...

Off the top of my head: it might be Blue Marble mod-associated, which was first experimented with in patch 4i.

Do any of you guys have a problem with running Blue Marble mod?:confused:

i did use blue marble a few times with fall from heaven 2, but that was prior to 3.19 i believe. i had no problems when i did use it, but ended up sticking with the default textures. id test it now but i think ffh removed blue marble terrain from their modpack for some reason.

Same thing for me. I tried 4l and 4k, which both ended with CTD at the end of initializing a game. Finally I got 4j to function.
I’ve been using Blue Marble without problems and I’m running Vista 32-bit.

Welcome erkka. Well, that still leaves me at a loss. as some people can play patches 4k and 4l, while other can't...

Anyway, I've added links to previous Full Install versions to the patch 4l download page.

I've been having similar problems to those described above as well. I finally got the mod to start a game properly after installing patch 4k on top of 4i (Though 4i just crashed the game when I attempted to start the mod for some reason.) I'm running windows XP. (I have gotten Dune wars, Fall from Heaven, and Planetfall to work, and those are the only other mods I've loaded.)

Out of curiosity, is there some sort of introductory description for how the game works, apart from hints? In the game I started, the founded city at the beginning was producing no resources apart from the capital building, and I didn't find a description in the hints or game concepts for how to get it to do so. I'm not sure whether this is a bug or not, or what to do to get the game moving, so Some descriptions of what a properly working start should look like would be useful.

Good to hear you got it to work and also ood question there, Pickly. I may add a tutorial thread to the MOO2Civ forum later. In order to increase production you'll need to build improvements; since your homeworld usually starts at pop 1, initial production will be low (unless you are the Trilarians, who start all colonies at size 2, or the Klackons, who enjoy increased production). Population growth will also increase productivity somewhat. I'm attaching a link to how a new colony should look like below.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads/new_gnolam_colony_0000_Z04.jpg

Hi, I downloaded version 4l and I keep getting a CTD every time I start a game. So far I've tried all the custom maps and the ones involving wormholes usually stop at "Initializing". The map scripts without wormholes seem to crash at different times during the loading process depending on what settings I use or what map(enclosed/finalfrontier/finalfrontierflat/etc).

Also, when I was looking in the civilopedia I was curious to see the entry for the wormholes "Bajoran Wormhole" and "Jalbrador Wormhole" but never found it; would I need to be playing the game to see the entry? Or was the entry never added? It would be more curiosity than anything else: ).

I wish you the best and hope this mod works out: )! I am looking forward to it!

Cheers.

Welcome, loak82... sorry to hear about your troubles though. Have you tried earlier patches? Is the mod installed correctedly? (Sorry, have to ask, although it appears the mod loads OK, but the CTDs appear after, as you say.)

As for the wormhole Civpedia entries: it seems both TC01 (who created them) and myself overlooked those... (The 'Bajoran' and 'Jadaran' names are basically a remnant of Star Trek mod, for which they were originally created; I had asked TC01 to remove the names, but not actually checked the Civpedia entries after he did so. As you may or may not know, in Master of Orion the different wormholes are nameless.)

Top Bottom