Building bulding order

ahmedhadzi

Relocation Consultant
I'm playing CIV for a reasonable amount of time now (I think like 8-9 years), started with CIV 3 big time although I played CIV 2 when I was a kid a bit.
I usually play Incas, although I started experimenting now with different options (Elizabeth, Lincoln). I didn't play for a year and half or so, so I jumped to BTS skipping warlords. My question would be, what is the best early tactic for Incas, and other financial and philosphical civs? Start with the commerce city, or start with 2 production cities and then convert those to commerce later on (reason for this would be quecha rush early on if I have someone near). Which buildings should be built first in cities that you found and what is build path for conquered cities? Thanks guys.

With Inca, your first to buildings should be:
inca terrace (growth/health/culture) 2 pop whip
forge (production/happy) also 2 pop whip, because of +100% bonus from industry-trait

then it depens....
lighthouse if working water tiles
barracks if its a production city
librabry if commerce city and science >50%
market if commerce city and science <50%
courthouse if far away from capital
aqueduct if lots of flood plains or already unhealthy

There is no building order that works always, just look what the city needs most and build the building that helps best.

Same with cities, in the early game, there is no real difference between production and commerce, you just need food!

Thanks, I understand that part, I'm more interested in build up for first hundred turns or so, with the possibility of quecha rush. I usually chop down forests, to get the production done. And i think I can fairly good find good spot for city. So how do you mix build up for that rush?

I'm also a Incaholic and I've settled down to building a worker first to improve lands and then building 6-8 Quechas to rush my nearest neighbor (if I have one).

Then I start the Stonehenge and focus on wonders with building in between. I can usually take both the Pyramids and the Oracle after Stonehenge. My first other building would be a terrace for growth and then a library.

I can use the conquered capital to build settlers and units, letting my capital focus on wonders and buildings. I love the Incas because this allows me both to REX and wonderspam.

Just tried yesterday, with combined chop forest/ chop population, I had 15 quechas by turn 40 or something. I'm sad I didn't use this before, now it looks so easy. I'm also thinking to skip founding religions and building wonders, because, when I combined horse archers with quechas I wiped Mansa Musa very easy. But still looking for opening gambits with Incas, since trying to change difficulty soon. (playing noble right now, not that hard i guess). Thanks for all the tips.

Top Bottom