Building FaithCost Bugs

gdwitt

Prince
I've come back to this game after an extended period of business and modding with RomeTW.
I am using the latest mod.
I am still find that when I unlock monasteries or unlock preindustrial landunits as founder beliefs, I automatically unlock faith buying of buildings.
This is problematic because:
--Civs that unlock this get highly discounted buildings/units versus gold
--There is no markup for instant faith purchases, so it is a way of overwhelming an enemy.
--the building can be purchased multiple times.
My questions:
1)Is there a way to fix the culprit founder beliefs or should they just be eliminated?
2) Why can't we figure out a way to add a modifier to instant faith purchases? If I could program, I would set faith cost equal to the gold cost variable.
3) How can we remove the building from the purchase cue as when it is removed when purchased with gold?

I remember complaining back in September that certain civs were pulling ahead culturally and spiritually by just purchasing one building 20-30 times. For example, Persia had 21 monuments and 16 shrines in one city.

I went into CEG's CEC_End file and increase faithcost by 10X, deleted the cache and reloaded my game. I found that other changes I made took effect but that Faithcost of buildings remained the same.
For example, monuments cost 85 production, 70 faith and about 150 gold.

Is anyone else seeing this problem?

I'm glad to see someone still active with this relaxing and impressive game.

I deleted all the faithcost lines in CEG CECend.
Nothing changed when I deleted the cache/Moduserdat and reloaded a game.
I don't know what is unlocking the list of certain buildings.
If you have an idea, let me know

I checked in on Persia.
They had built 16 Monuments and 21 Watermills in the capital.
It's hard to compete with that.

Sorry guys and gals.
This unique opportunity must have been due to some unknown change I made in the XMLs.
I deleted and reinstalled the game and the issue did not appear in a new game with CEG.
I hadn't reinstalled since last November.

Let us know if it reappears.

Can you adjust faith costs correctly (if desired)?

Top Bottom