1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Building improvements in other Civ's territory

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by NHJ BV, Mar 30, 2008.

1. NHJ BV

NHJ BV El Presidente

In my current game, I'm trying to defend a vassal state (Russia) of mine against a possible Chinese attack. Since a large part of Russia is largely walled off by a mountain range, I tried to construct a few forts in the openings, so that I could easily help Russia defend his lands. Unfortunately, it is not possible to build any improvements in other Civ's territory, not even if they are your vassal.

I went searching through the BTS XML files, trying to change this, but without luck. All I can find in Civ4ImprovementInfos.xml, at IMPROVEMENT_FORT, is the line:

<bOutsideBorders>1</bOutsideBorders>

but it's already set to 1, and it just means you can build forts in neutral lands. Is there any way I can mod the game so I can build in other Civ's lands? It doesn't seem unreasonable to be able to build stuff in your vassal's territory. The forts I want to build are outside his city radiuses anyway.

If anyone knows how to do this, I'd be very grateful!

edit: spelling

2. Gaius Octavius

Gaius Octavius Deity

I am thinking this would require an SDK change to allow you to build in other civ's borders. It's also interesting how if you capture a fort that still technically falls within another civ's borders, you can't use it as an airbase or port. :crazyeye:

3. Shqype

Shqype Shqyptar

TheLopez did this ....

4. NHJ BV

NHJ BV El Presidente

Yes but only for Warlords. As far as I can find there's no such thing for BtS, or at least none that I can find searching through this behemoth of a forum.

5. Oksbad

Oksbad Chieftain

This is also a problem with me. I capitulated Pacal II and in the war I bombed his tile improvements (including his rice farms) to cripple his cities. Now that he's my vasal I want to bully him out of his resources :trouble: (mainly rice for sushi co) but I can't rebuild his farm and it takes him a long time...:mad: