1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

building wonders

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by mjd260, Mar 10, 2008.

1. mjd260

mjd260 Chieftain

I know that certain wonders can't be built on certain starts -- but I'm playing as the Spanish (600AD start) and I can't built the Mausoleum of Maussollos and I don't know why. As far as I can tell, it hasn't been built yet. I have access to build other wonders, like the Leaning Tower and Notre Dame...

Also, I noticed that Astronomy isn't on my tech tree... is this a bug that there's a patch for??

Thanks!

2. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

ancient and classical wonders aren't available to medieval starts.
    As for Astronomy, I don't know what you mean. Can you post a screenshot?

3. say1988

say1988 Deity

Astronomy was moved in the tech tree, I believe, so you may just be looking in the wrong spot.

4. mjd260

mjd260 Chieftain

I didn't see it, but I very well could have missed it. The screenshot shows nothing after optics, which is where I thought I would've found astronomy.

Attached Files:

5. blizzrd

blizzrd Micromanager

I think you'll find that Astronomy is now after Guilds, somewhat further to the right of your screenshot. This is a tweak for RFC.

6. Wessel V1

Wessel V1 Emperor

Astronomy is a Renaissance tech.

If all techs would have arrows to the more advanced techs, there would be too much arrows. The solution was to make a small picture of the required tech. It is the same thing with Divine Right: it requires Theology and Monarchy, although there are no arrows towards it.