C2C - UEM - Ultimate-Earth-Map 100% MOD and SVN update compatible by Pit2015

The C64, my first and favorite computer. And those hard drives....I can still hear those security features in my nightmares, knocking themselves senseless. The C64 components were quite expensive in the day but easy to see why from the video...

The C64, my first and favorite computer. And those hard drives....I can still hear those security features in my nightmares, knocking themselves senseless. The C64 components were quite expensive in the day but easy to see why from the video...

Yep first datasette and then the spzzzz..spzzzz bendable disk's: :)

Tell that someone today, storing data on a casette.

And then i gamed "Kaiser". :goodjob:

And later Empire and Empire Deluxe on Amiga 500, what i say it was the real first step to civ games...

EmpireOriginal.png

A cool there is a more far developed version to get on steam, never saw it and it still have the old sounds/music: :)

Last edited:
@Toffer90 Can you build in the option "Hard Conquest" now? I want to start a new long game soon and change the UEM scenario to "Hard Conquest". Will be a cool option, but we need to think about it a short time if it will work or not, will be a medium option between normal conquest and "Always raze cities" option, it will make the game harder and it will still very hard to get ahead of the AI.

So the "Hard Conquest" option should work like this: If a city is conquered it will drop down to population 3, because most ppl will flee the city, so world wonders will also survive and conquering cities is possible but you dont get a lot of population to fast.

But will it work for buildings that need 6 pops to be build? The building can stay in the conquered city, but they should only be buildable again if 6 pops are reached again, will that work with the current system?

Also it will make it more costly to conquer far away cities if they drop down in population because they cant produce much cash fast again until the population will grow again. Limiting the possiblity to conquer to much to fast.

Optional raze a city should be possible also on "Hard Conquest".

Last edited:
So the "Hard Conquest" option should work like this: If a city is conquered it will drop down to population 3
Just turn on Emergency Draft in RevolutionDCM tab, then turn it off when city drops to 3. Not sure if limits of drafting per turn are already implemented or not.

Just turn on Emergency Draft in RevolutionDCM tab, then turn it off when city drops to 3. Not sure if limits of drafting per turn are already implemented or not.

We talk here about a new game option... that may be build in like other options, that will work for the gamer and the AI then. Means if you conquer a city then the population of this city will be reduced to 3 population. Like if you conquer a city with population 12 you will get only a city with population 3 if you take it and if you dont raze it. The rest will flee the city.

Last edited:
@Toffer90 Can you build in the option "Hard Conquest" now? I want to start a new long game soon and change the UEM scenario to "Hard Conquest". Will be a cool option, but we need to think about it a short time if it will work or not, will be a medium option between normal conquest and "Always raze cities" option, it will make the game harder and it will still very hard to get ahead of the AI.

So the "Hard Conquest" option should work like this: If a city is conquered it will drop down to population 3, because most ppl will flee the city, so world wonders will also survive and conquering cities is possible but you dont get a lot of population to fast.

But will it work for buildings that need 6 pops to be build? The building can stay in the conquered city, but they should only be buildable again if 6 pops are reached again, will that work with the current system?

Also it will make it more costly to conquer far away cities if they drop down in population because they cant produce much cash fast again until the population will grow again. Limiting the possiblity to conquer to much to fast.

Optional raze a city should be possible also on "Hard Conquest".
What if I make it so that it only affects the human player, and that it either always bring city down to 1 pop when captured or always raze when human capture city. The point is to make it harder, then it should unfairly affect only human player, not the AI. What do you think?

Regarding forced razing, sometimes the harder option is to keep a city. So much so that at some point I recall a discussion involving removing the abandon city mechanic since it was too good for the player and the AI couldn't use it. Regarding city shrinking, low pop cities are way easier to control after conquest, but also mostly useless and a drag on the rest of the empire.
Just saying that a "destroy everything" playthrough is not inherently harder, only different.

Regarding forced razing, sometimes the harder option is to keep a city. So much so that at some point I recall a discussion involving removing the abandon city mechanic since it was too good for the player and the AI couldn't use it. Regarding city shrinking, low pop cities are way easier to control after conquest, but also mostly useless and a drag on the rest of the empire.
Just saying that a "destroy everything" playthrough is not inherently harder, only different.
Indeed, I'm a bit ambivalent to the hard conquest suggestion by pit, not sure what to do with it.

Maybe playing with conquest victory requires all units killed and always raze options combined is a good enough approximation?

What if I make it so that it only affects the human player, and that it either always bring city down to 1 pop when captured or always raze when human capture city. The point is to make it harder, then it should unfairly affect only human player, not the AI. What do you think?

Well "Always raze cities" option is ultra hard but a bit unrealistic and world wonders are destroyed. Also no city conquest is possible at all.

Normal conquest is to easy and if you conquer hard early in game you will get to fast ahead of the AI, even on nightmare.

So "Hard Conquest" will be hard and more realistic and world wonders will not be easy destroyed.

So "Hard Conquest" should lower the pop to 3 if a city is conquered, not to 1, (coding = If a city is already over pop 3 reduce it to pop 3 (If possible)) otherwise conquering a city far away with a lot of buildings will be totally to hard to keep it, very expensive. Option is also realistic then because a lot of the population will flee if the city is conquered. Hmm... only for the player... may work better because maybe the AI may not be able to adapt to pop reduction after a city is conquered to good. So only affects the human player will be ok and harder, good realistic and harder, so its ok to only affect the human player, but better keep it to reduce to pop 3 if city is not razed manually, all buildings should stay in the conquered city but pop falls down to 3 it the city is captured by a human player. Also check if the pop falls under 6 if the +6 pop buildings will stop to work, but that may be ok. Also it is ok if the already build +6 pop buildings still work.

Mostly capturing a capital city of the AI with 6-12 pops early will get you far ahead to fast. So pop reducing to 3 if a city is captured would be ok and will make conquering still profitable but much harder and because of the high cost then you need to stop a while before you can conquer more to easy, you have to build up your economy to support more conquering first.

- Raze a city manually should be possible also on "Hard Conquest".

- Optional you can build in randomly 10% or 20% or 30% of the city buildings are destroyed if a city is conquered, excluding wonders, should be displayed then wich buildings are destroyed if possible, if it is to hard to exactly show wich buildings are destroyed then it only can be displayed as "20% of the city buildings where destroyed while our forces captured the city", makes it even more realistic.

Last edited:
No progress, I haven't been modding C2C at all for a couple months now, and your request is far from the first thing I would when I do start modding again, CTD's are on top of priority list.
Ok i am waiting patiently and continuing some other stuff, damn hurrrrry up. :thumbsup: Hopefully it will be not to much work. Ahhh thats why progress slows down a bit currently.

I have a computer placed in my norway mountain hut, go there then you have time. :)

Last edited:
Yes should be compatible, but i am updating the map currently, so a new version of UEM will be available soon, waiting for Toffer to come up with "Hard Conquest" option. If he can do it i will add it before next release.

Any suggestions for map changes for the next update guys?

Done so far:
Added more lush terrain to nil and other rivers
Added more swamps
Fixed a bug in japanese starting terrain
Did some terrain improvements
Fixed some lama resources
Removed some oasis from the map

Last edited:
Any suggestions for map changes for the next update guys?
1. remove universe. AI cant use space and if player reach space age no AI can stop you, no matter how bad you lose before. In space you can build 2x more cities than in entire earth map and its whole yours without any enemy. Space map is game winner for player
2. remove already portugalese I cant stand to see it in africa.
3. change starting location of washington capitol, more east to coast, its coast city anyway

1. remove universe. AI cant use space and if player reach space age no AI can stop you, no matter how bad you lose before. In space you can build 2x more cities than in entire earth map and its whole yours without any enemy. Space map is game winner for player
2. remove already portugalese I cant stand to see it in africa.
3. change starting location of washington capitol, more east to coast, its coast city anyway
1. And it will speed up the game somewhat, simply due to the number of plots.
2. Yeah. Totally weird placement. If you don't like it where it is in real life, just choose another civ that is more isolated.
3. Don't care, but probably correct.

@Pit2015
Given how many civs there are in the Mega Pack, I'd heavily suggest making TWO (if not SEVERAL) separate maps (civ-wise): one or more for "ancient" civs, and one or more for "modern" civs (and also maybe any number of those in-between). There's enough of them for both. In fact, I just checked, and there are almost 200 civs combined from the "vanilla mod" and the pack. That's enough to make as many as FOUR to SIX "themed maps", if you do it wisely. And the entire work is to segregate them into "themed lists", then find good spots to put them onto the map(s). It might take you a day or two, but the end result would be a much better MAP(s) than it is now. Please, do consider this, I highly recommend it.

Last edited:
Nice idea.
And when you place civlization always make close pair to make natural enemies/competitors for example china/mongols or korea/japan or india/khmers etc.

As said, on first page: "Portugal and some other civilizations shifted and moved out via migration of the peoples a bit, so Portugal was moved to the canarian islands/marokko. (They had these regions historically and some other civilizations moved also a bit to prevent overcrowded regions)"

But i can look into to enlarge iberia a bit and place portugal and spain on iberia, lets see.

I will not remove space now because multimap will maybe never come and someone will maybe improve the AI for space, as UEM is a long game it will take you long until you reach space currently. But i agree a space AI is needed.

Ok i check washington starting location.

How compatible is the Civ Mega Pack with the current svn?

Top Bottom