C3C PBEM : "Cauca" - MesoAmerica scenario-based PBEM (level : medium - advanced)

LouLong

In love with Rei Ayanami
*** GAME STARTED ***

Cauca, name of a valley where a brilliant but small civilization flourished in present-day Colombia, is the name of this new PBEM. It is mainly for medium-advanced players.

It is a balanced and fast PBEM (only 3 human players).

It is for Conquests, using the MP version of the MesoAmerica scenario and the patch 1.22.
So you need to have both Conquests and the patch 1.22 installed on your computer.

Civs will be attributed randomly and along playing times.

Civs :

Aztecs : Salte
Incas : Junsui
Mayas : JG99_Korab
Toltecs : AI
Olmecs :AI
Moche : AI

Players :
- JG99_Korab
- Salte
- Junsui
- AI : Toltecs
- AI : Olmecs
- AI : Moche

You want to be in ? You have further questions ? Post in this thread or send me a PM. If ready to join, send me a PM with your e-mail.

Please make sure you post as well your playing time (in GMT time) : ie 6 AM -2 PM GMT.
Please post it here even if you already posted in in another game thread.
On the other hand no need to resend me your e-mail if I have it already.

When the rooster is full, I will send to all of you a planning e-mail with play order, e-mails, etc...

Organization : the game will be called Cauca to be recognizable and when you get the game, send a mail to inform the sender you got it (GPS = Got it, Played it, Sent it).

I will take the Mayas. I am GMT+1 Berlin,Warsaw time.
I play mostly durring the day.

LouLong said:
Depends on the players' preferences...
What are yours ?
I'll join if it's turned off. But if others would rather play with AP I have no problem giving up 'my' spot.

My timezone is GMT+1. My playing time is not always the same, but on most days i'm able to play from 6-9 PM.

I would like to play!!!

I PMed you my email.

This will be, if you accept me, my first game. Cant wait to start. I play well enough i think, i never loose on monarch and very rarely on emperor, and i always play on huge maps.

I will download that MesoAmerica scenario or whatever it is.

GMT +1, my playing time is 13:00 to 02:00.

see ya

Oh, another thing. I will be on vacation from 13 to 24. October. If thats ok with you i would also like to start.

Welcome to this community Junsui.

You don't need to download anything. MesoAmerica is the Conquest scenario with Incans, Mayas and Aztecs..... and blood sacrifices !
If you have Conquests then you have it on your hard disk. The only think you will need need is a save and that you will get by mail.

Have you read the newbee guide ? PBEMs are nice but are also demanding and there is always the danger of it stopping altogether.

On the other hand since you are new to PBEM (that's the way I understood it at least), someone more expereinced will actually start.

Planning phase mail sent to all. File and how-to sent to Salte to start the game.

I gave Korab the civ he asked for which was fine since Salte gets another civ that the one he won with in Nazca.

Playing times order have been respected which explains the civs Salte and Junsui got.

The game has started. Save sent to Junsui.

I have named the file 'Cauca_001a_300AD', hopefully we can keep this naming convention for our own convenience. So Junsui and JG99 Korab should just change the 'a' to 'b' and 'c' respectively, and i will change the turn number and date for each new turn.

Good luck and have fun!

Ok i will play my turn now, save it, add "b" to the save file and send it to the Korab.

Two questions:
-Since this is a scenario (i didnt notice), i suppose it wont be cheating if i play it in single player to learn something about it? I guess some of you played it already. So can i play it in single player?
-Can i name my cities with custom names? I mean do you think its ok, just your opinion.

thanks

edit: file sent

By all means, play a single player game to find out how things work. (But maybe there are some minor changes from the original as LouLong mentioned something about balance in his mail to me).

Name your cities as you want, but don't call them by the same name as anything else in the game (like 'warrior', 'enslavement', 'gems' etc.).

OK. Another question... I think these games can also be edited using different tools, right? What stops others from opening it in this way and looking where everything is?

Also i see our nationalities are: France, Norway, Poland and Serbia :)

LouLong isnt playing, correct? Because he didnt list himself in the 3 players in the first email, but i think he should be playing...ummm... right?

edit; ANNND another thing, again i'd like to repeat im going on holiday from 13 (or 12) to 24 October. To Rome.

GPS to Salte
@Junsi- You you open something with the editor you will only be able to see the civ you have the password for.
And LouLond isn't playing. I merely asked him to host it for me. And he hosts all the time.
I will be travelling from october 13th to about the 16th I presume. AFter that I will have another computer set up at the place I will be for a couple months

Junsui said:
OK. Another question... I think these games can also be edited using different tools, right? What stops others from opening it in this way and looking where everything is?

Also i see our nationalities are: France, Norway, Poland and Serbia :)

LouLong isnt playing, correct? Because he didnt list himself in the 3 players in the first email, but i think he should be playing...ummm... right?

edit; ANNND another thing, again i'd like to repeat im going on holiday from 13 (or 12) to 24 October. To Rome.

Nothing can prevent that. BUT usual players avoid that because it spoils the fun .... and/or because they have been thrown away. If strange results start to happen, we have tools that can be used to check whether a game was edited or not (the same as the ones used for the GOTM). We don't like to have to do that and you don't want to edit the saves as it would spoil the fun. That's what we would say. So no strict control but a real possibility. Usually players who like to cheat don't stay long here because it is actually pointless to cheat in PBEMs as the interest is to measure up against other humans while cheating is measuring against one's editing skills.

Yes, we have people from all over the world here. :) Except we don't have that many Asians. :(

Indeed I took the habit when I came to this forum that was almost deserted to set up PBEMs and since then people ask me to set up one from time to time. I don't mind, because I want a thriving community !
And don't be afraid I have my share of PBEMs.

Thanks for pointing that out. You may want to send a mail before you leave to the two other players just to remind them.

Svoboda ili smert (spelling ?) ;)
NB. no political reference, just a sentence I remember, albeit probably Croatian.

LouLong said:
Indeed I took the habit when I came to this forum that was almost deserted to set up PBEMs and since then people ask me to set up one from time to time. I don't mind, because I want a thriving community !
Looks like you've done a great job.

Top Bottom