Campus research grants gives no or very little science

Heikki Mustonen

Chieftain
Most of the people use this for the great scientist points and that part seems to work just fine. Description says that grants should also give some amount of science but that part seems to be broken.

I had a game where new and improved deity AI was closing in cultural victory in about 30-40 turns. I was still few techs away from the last space race tech so I decided to use research grants to get it faster so that I had time to build the last project before AI gets cultural victory. It looks like though that research grants give very little or no science at all. I had situations were there were three turns left in tech when grants finished, tech stayed at three turns and next turn it was still almost full 2 turns left.
Also I had a turn where a tech finished and also three research grants finished that same turn. The next tech started at 50% like it should because I had eureka for it but grants didn't give any exp for it.

Tested Commercial Hub Investment also and it did not give any gold like it should. Maybe this is because there are no more great scientist or great merchant left.

I have the same issue. 3 campus projects with scaled cost at 96 cannot come close to fill a gap of 19.5 beakers

My understanding is the projects give you a %bonus while the project is going on, and the GPP points at the end.
My science production was 222.9 beakers and the needed science was 242.5. 3 projects at a cost of 96 production each were not able to fill the gap. The %bonus would have to be very small for it to be possibly %bonus.

Top Bottom