Can AI's underappreciation of strategics be fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before several patches, they used to pay a CRAP ton of gold for strategics (I straight up got a CITY from an A.I because strategics were just that valued). Now, they barely pay any GPT for strategics, and keep bothering you with notifications
And jokes are not allowed? You must have phrased that wrong, then

So that's how trade is supposed to work. You don't need sth so you sell it to someone who needs it. What's the issue here?

But they don't need it. Or at least there is no check to see if they do. Early on there is no way they need 6 iron/horse but they will still buy it. In the same way they buy lux they don't need. It would be very hard to have it scale correctly so having it be too low makes sense as that is much harder to abuse.

Plus the AI is currently buying, it is just sub gpt1. Trade is still happening.

You could send logs to devs, so they can check if they actually buy it when they don't need it. If that's the case then it's a bug.

I've always pushing for the ideal deal AI that values anything they don't need at 0 (mostly strategics, since luxuries at least give happiness), and doesn't send a trade proposal if the proposed buy price is less than X% (maybe 50?) of what they estimate the human player values the goods at (should be possible since AI already estimates human approach etc).

By the way does AI value lux more if it triggers a WLTKD in one of their cities?

Almost 100% no.

There is some variation but what does seem to affect it is how aggressive the AI are. Why this is the case I have no clue but it is very consistent. Certain civs pay more for lux and those civs are the more aggressive ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom