• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Can someone tell me what this means?

TheAlkymist

Chieftain
I have made a little mod just to add some units, but every time I load it, this error message pops up:

(see the picture)

Tag: in info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: Units/CIV4UnitInfoes.xml

Can anyone tell me what is wrong and what I should to to make it stop? The game works, but it is very annoying

Thanks

Attachments

• 16984046.jpg
    16984046.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 100
You have a problem in the said file (Civ4UnitInfos.XML). It could be typo, a wrong definition or whatever... No way to tell by seeing only that pop-up, as it obviously does not have any information.

You should look for a typo in the definitions of the units you iserted, or upload you can upload the file, so maybe someone els spot the problem...

PS.: To start you could load up the game, open the Civilopedai, and look if some of the units you inserted is missing (or displayed weird) there. Chances are, it would be the on causing trouble.

I don't think that the Civilopedia will be of any use to him, since if it has an error with loading the UnitInfos file it just won't load it (so no units in the game at all, and many other files that reference Units won't load either, like Techs, Unitclasses...)

It tells you what the entry is that is giving the error. In this case, it is that you left something blank which you should not have left blank. So do a search for any case of: ><

One of those should have a 0 or a NONE. Since it says it is in "Info Class" I am thinking it might be possible that you even have a blank <Type> line, or just failed to close out one of your XML tags. If that was the case you wouldn't find it by the search method I mentioned.

But as Refar said: Only way we can help directly is if you upload the file, or post what you added/changed (if it wasn't a large change)

Top Bottom