Can we please stop doing elimination games

We had Chandragupta, Zhangye Danxia, Delicate Arch, that Venezuelan tepui in the Elimination threads, and they got added to the game. :p
Also, Kremlin is finally called St. Basil's Cathedral. I was often asking for the wonder to come under the correct name in your elimination thread about wonders from earlier Civ games :p

Some of those elimination games upset me a bit, since some of my favorite potential Civs/leaders were unpopular. :cry: Same goes for wonders too (Amerindian wonders north of the Rio Grande got slaughtered). I mean sure, nothing much remains of them except for large mounds, but they had structures on top of them. They help dispel the myth that North Amerindians didn't build anything great.

I'm also not sure if I would participate in the elimination threads daily if they came back.

You're still awake? :p Were you really one of the people who downvoted Monks Mound/and Serpent Mound? I can't really remember.....

You know, since the threads end up taking over general discussion and/or ideas and suggestions, why don't you agree beforehand what all the different topics for elimination will be, then get a mod to organise it all into an elimination subforum that opens up once a year and is then closed after the threads are all completed.

You know, since the threads end up taking over general discussion and/or ideas and suggestions, why don't you agree beforehand what all the different topics for elimination will be, then get a mod to organise it all into an elimination subforum that opens up once a year and is then closed after the threads are all completed.
That would be an excellent compromise. A separate subforum for elimination games would be much better.

Yeah it's been awhile ! let's go make some ! They are far more opinions express there than in most threads on any given subjects. I dare say elimination threads are essential tools to discuss game mechanics

I am opposed to a separate subform, as I believe that taking it away from the main thread will notably decrease participation. I am, however, agreeable on the concept of an active limit, for example no more than 3 to 5 active games at any given moment.

There's plenty to discuss in R&F right now.

I am all for elimination games, but they should be in a separate subforum.

Perhaps one of us could be promoted to mod status, but only for elimination games.

Moderator Action: The following was just posted to the Civ 6 Forum Notice Board:

We recognize that elimination game threads are popular with certain CFC members, but also recognize that too many simultaneous elimination game threads can crowd out other discussion. Going forward, we will allow one open elimination game thread in the General Discussions forum (focused on game features and elements in the existing version of the game) and one open elimination game thread in the Ideas & Suggestions forum (focused on desired game features and elements for future expansions and DLC). Furthermore, no one may open an elimination game thread without moderator approval (please use the Conversation feature to request approval) and the OP of the most recently completed elimination game thread will not be eligible to start the next thread (to spread around the opportunity to start new games).

In General Discussions, this existing game is treated as moderator-approved.

One running elimination thread in General Discussions and one in Ideas & Sugestions? This seems like a good solution to prevent too many ETs running at once.

Last edited:
Top Bottom