1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Can XML-file adjustments affect multiplayer?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Gizomot, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Gizomot

Gizomot Chieftain

Dear fanatics,

Once again I apologize if my thread will be in a inconvenient topic in the forum. I'm a old visitor to civfanatics but a newly registered member, I so I'm not too familiar with posting threads and such yet.

I am curious if changes I've done in XML-files (using Cookie_Magic's mod which is xml-files that does changes to mostly all civilization traits). I am wondering if these apply in multiplayer. Obviously, I've already excluded online multiplaying but I'm thinking if the XML-file changes can affect LAN Multiplayer? Wouldn't the players collect civilization info from the host since you don't need internet to play LAN? Or does all multiplayer games get their info from non-editable files?

If this works, does that mean I can fool around with my friends in LAN and just make powerhouse traits for civilizations ;)?

A reply would be much appreciated.:D

Best regards,
    Giz

2. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

I believe that when all players use the same edited XML files (the original game files, not mods), it will work in multiplayer. You can also "disguise" mods as DLC for multiplayer use - see here.