Can you add a trait that changes ocean plot yields?

ArgonV

Chieftain
Hola my fellow modders

I was just messing around, trying to create a custom naval civilization, with the emphasis on coastal cities. I therefore wanted to give them a bonus yield on ocean squares, with several buildings to improve upon this. However, I can't seem to get this to work. Here's the last thing I tried:

Code:
<GameData>
 <Traits>
  <Row>
   <Type>TRAIT_COMMERCE</Type>
   <Description>TXT_KEY_COMMERCE</Description>
   <ShortDescription>TXT_KEY_TRAIT_COMMERCE_SHORT</ShortDescription>
  </Row>
 </Traits>
 <Trait_SeaPlotYieldChanges>
  <Row>
   <TraitType>TRAIT_COMMERCE</TraitType>
   <YieldType>YIELD_GOLD</YieldType>
   <Yield>1</Yield>
  </Row>
 </Trait_SeaPlotYieldChanges>
</GameData>

I'm guessing it's because there's no similar trait in the game and making one is a lot less simple than I thought it would be :p

I could of course come up with a different way of bolstering sea resources (like the lighthouse and seaport already do), but I was still wondering if this really can't be done or if I'm just not seeing something here.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm not experienced with civ modding, but for what it is worth, I had a look over the tables, and I couldn't see a natural way to do it either.

It seems you might be able to make a trait which alters strategic resource quantity dependent upon terrain, but not tile yields.

You could make a unique building which cost 1 hammer and has the effect you desire, but it is a very inelegant solution.

I'd be very interested in seeing if an experienced modder has a way to do this.

Yeah, that was my back-up idea; give the civ a free building that provides the bonus.
I was thinking of creating a maritime Civ that profits from having a few large cities, instead of a lot of smaller ones. This would fit with that development idea

Top Bottom