Can You Run it?

Thank you for the link. I have also the CPU-"Problem". My CPU: Intel Core Duo 2 1.86 Ghz (minimum 1.8 Ghz failed - :D ) - funny tool

I would recomend to uninstall the program it installs after you use it. It has had a history of screwing up internet browsing.

HD Radeon 5770 1GB.

Although the site says I have...

ATI display adapter (0x68B8)

But yeah, I'm positive I have DX11, not DX10 like it's telling me.

What a dumb site, huh? When the game comes out be sure to let us know how dx11 is!

That's bizarre. I can only imagine that the website is broken somehow. Go to run, type dxdiag, and it should say at the bottom of the first tab what DX version you have.

This isn't really right though, mine says dx11, however I have a gtx275 that runs only dx10. This only tells what dx libraries you have, so if you've updated them recently it will show dx11 even if your cards not a dx11 card.

sorry if this was already posted, but for those nervously awaiting civ and worried if their pc will run it... the website www.canyourunit.com will diagnose your pc to determine if its up to snuff. Enjoy

just a heads up i had difficulty getting the software to run using IE or Firefox, but it worked fine in Chrome.
Well apparently this cheap crap PC I have at work can barely run Solitaire... :)

When I get home I'll check what it says for my system. I will be highly amused if it fails

Specs
CPU: Intel Core i5 750 (quad) clocked at 4.0ghz
RAM: 4gb DDR3
Video: Radeon 5850 1gb
HD: WD Raptor

Haha, why does everyone feel the need to come on and brag about how big their computer is? Funny.

Even though it's not completely without its faults, the site at least gave me a good idea that I'm in the ballpark to be able to play the game. It's nice to at least get an idea.

Yes!! I finally have a reason to post!!
I've used the canyourunit website in the past but found that www.yougamers.com is much better at correctly analyzing your system. You also don't need that program and they have a picture of Bismarck :)

I've used the canyourunit website in the past but found that www.yougamers.com is much better at correctly analyzing your system. You also don't need that program and they have a picture of Bismarck :)

Bismarck makes everything instantly cooler. :king:

Edit: Lol totally different analysis then Can You Run It? This site says "it should run well on your computer at high visual settings".

Pass:
CPU
Minimum: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz or AMD Athlon X2 64 2.0 GHz
You Have: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4700 @ 2.60GHz

Fail:
CPU Speed
Minimum: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz or AMD Athlon X2 64 2.0 GHz
You Have: 2.62 GHz

Recommended:

Fail:
CPU
Recommended: 1.8 GHz Quad Core CPU
You Have: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4700 @ 2.60GHz

Fail:
RAM
Recommended: 4 GB
You Have: 3.0 GB

Fail:
Video Card
Recommended: 512 MB ATI Radeon HD 4800 series or better, 512 MB NVIDIA GeForce 9800 series or better
You Have: GeForce 9600 GSO

Features: Recommended attributes of your Video Card
Required You Have
Video RAM 512 MB 2.0 GB
Hardware T&L Yes Yes
Pixel Shader version 4.0 4.0
Vertex Shader version 4.0 4.0

something must be wrong with that website :D I've got good enough CPU and graphics card but it says I don't.
And my computer fails to play this game

That site is way off. It said my sytem only has 128mb on board video card, when i have ALOT more than that.

EDIT: oh and btw, it said I cant run Napoleon: Total War, and I run it REALLY well. Bad site.

For me it says that:

Yes! Your system meets the minimum requirements for Civilization V.
It should run on your computer, but you may have to play at a low resolution and/or turn down visual settings for acceptable performance. To improve the experience, note that...
Your computer has a dual core processor. A quad core processor is recommended.
The performance of your video card is below the recommended requirements.

But overall performance is above the recommended.

That site is totally wrong. It claims I could not run it even with minimum settings. Then I tested GTA IV and still claimed I could not run even GTA IV with minimum settings. I can run GTA IV atleast about half-full graphics fine. So don't really think that site is at all right.

Hmmm... It has always been pretty accurate for me on both my laptop and my desktop...
Make sure you aren't doing anything in the background but it may have issues, I by no way consider it the end all be all of cpu analyzers :D

That site is way off. It said my sytem only has 128mb on board video card, when i have ALOT more than that.

EDIT: oh and btw, it said I cant run Napoleon: Total War, and I run it REALLY well. Bad site.

You may only have 128mb dedicated, and the rest could be system memory. If you have an integrated card then that is most likely the case. So your graphics would really only have 128mb, and then start using your ram after the 128mb is used up. I have a gt120 on my older pc, and it has 1 gig dedicated, but then it says it has 4096mb. This is a card too, and not integrated, but its the same thing in principle. The rest of that is ram that is saved for the graphics card use. You can change the amount if you'd like, if you only have a limited amount of ram. Also with the 4 gigs roughly I have its kind of pointless, but it defaults that way and I never got around to changing it.

Here CANYOURUNIT.COM says I have 4 gigs when its only 1 gig really dedicated, and the rest is ram.

Video Card
Minimum: 256 MB ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT or better, 256 MB NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS or better, or Core i3 or better integrated graphics
You Have: GeForce GT 120
PASS
Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card
Required You Have
Video RAM 256 MB 4.0 GB
Hardware T&L Yes Yes
Pixel Shader version 3.0 4.0
Vertex Shader version 3.0 4.0

How would I do that?

Maybe your bios, but Im not 100% sure. I just googled it, and for an HP system with integrated graphics its done in the bios under the advanced tab. You might want to leave it alone though, if you can even change it at all. Too little and your games wont run right, too much and the same goes for your system.

Maybe your bios, but Im not 100% sure. I just googled it, and for an HP system with integrated graphics its done in the bios under the advanced tab. You might want to leave it alone though, if you can even change it at all. Too little and your games wont run right, too much and the same goes for your system.

What is the "bios"? I have a Dell.

I dont know how to open the "BIOS" folder

Top Bottom