Resource icon

[UNIT] Canadian Modern Infantry (1984-present) 1.0.2

Cole98

AKA CerebralPolicy
This is a project I have been working on as I recovered from surgery. All textures were made in Substance Painter and the guns were all made from scratch. The models are all based on the vanilla marine and use the sleeves from mattem's Austrian Cold War infantry, all use the marine kfm. I reprojected the UVs to allow for asymmetrical textures (a UN armband for instance). This is really an experiment to see what I could do with the engine, so all insignia are decals overlaid on a separate base texture in nifskope. This means that all the insignias are 1024x1024 while the base is 512x512. The hands leave something to be desired but I am overall pleased with the end product.
There are five models all using marine.kfm
canada_1984.jpg
canada_1984.nif - Canadian Cold War combat fatigues with ALICE kit, US M1 helmet, and C7A1 with C79 optical scope
canada_1998_arid.jpg
canada_1998_arid.nif - Canadian operational dress in CADPAT-AR with tactical vest, LWH, and C7A2 with C79 optical scope
canada_1998_arid_SAW.jpg
canada_1998_arid_SAW.nif - Canadian operational dress in CADPAT-AR with tactical vest, LWH, and C9A2 with C79 optical scope
canada_1998_woodland.jpg
canada_1998_woodland.nif - Canadian operational dress in CADPAT-TW with tactical vest, LWH, and C7A2 with C79 optical scope
canada_1998_woodland_SAW.jpg
canada_1998_woodland_SAW.nif - Canadian operational dress in CADPAT-AR with tactical vest, LWH, and C9A2 with C79 optical scope

Download Here

They look good but I would advise against such huge textures. Vanilla CIV tends to run around 128x128 and occasionally 256x256 because it can't really handle a lot of memory on account of having been made back when 4GB was considered massive.

They look good but I would advise against such huge textures. Vanilla CIV tends to run around 128x128 and occasionally 256x256 because it can't really handle a lot of memory on account of having been made back when 4GB was considered massive.
Thanks, I'll include different texture options in the 7z

Last edited:
Agreed. Options are a good idea because big textures can slow down the slow engine.

For comparison, this is what a 128x128 texture looks like at maximum zoom in game.
Infantry.JPG

128 is plenty for most units. 256 is only needed for vehicles or ships or other stuff that have many components and you physically need to fit them all in.

Cole98 updated Canadian Modern Infantry (1984-present) with a new update entry:

UV Fix and Cleaning

V1.0.2
Updated UVs to allow proper hands, trimmed excess texture options
TEXTURE OPTIONS
/Textures/ - 256x256 Uniforms, 256x256 Guns and 256x256 Patches (Rename folder and delete suffix on folder you want to use)
/Textures/ - 128x128 Uniforms, 128x128 Guns, and 256x256 Patches
/Textures_High_Detail/ - 256x256 Uniforms, 256x256 Guns, and 512x512 Patches

Read the rest of this update entry...

Kind of a side project, not sure what to classify this as. The basic idea is a post-nuclear war standard issue kit, a gas mask and a survival bag in winter Multicam.

Kind of a side project, not sure what to classify this as. The basic idea is a post-nuclear war standard issue kit, a gas mask and a survival bag in winter Multicam.
Stalker?

Top Bottom