Cannot Connect to Gamespy

shinderhizzle84

Chieftain
Hey all...

So I'm really strapped for cash and frustrated because it feels like I just wasted money on this game that isn't even working so I'd like to apologize in advance if I seem pissed off. So I bought this game on Steam so I could play with my two friends online, but when I click the multiplayer button from the main menu and attempt to connect to the game's servers the game just syas "Connecting to Gamespy...120 Seconds" and it just continually goes down second by second until the time runs out and then it says "Cannot Connect to Gamespy...Switching to Local Network for now"

Is this a common issue, and if so, how do I get around it? I don't have a firewall or anything like that installed so I'm not really sure what the issue could be. I use the internet for gaming all the time and never have an issue.

I asked both of my friends who I was trying to play with if they were having the same issue and both of them responded that neither of them were having any sort of problem. The game just simply seemingly doesn't want to work for me online, and now I'm starting to feel like I just wasted half of my summer's savings on a game that I literally only want to play online with my friends.

Does anyone know how to solve this issue? Thanks so much...

Top Bottom