Cannot find scenarios

tobiasdouglas

Chieftain
Hi there,

I'd really like to try this mod out but the scenarios won't load - in fact they won't even appear when I load the mod, go to single player, and then "play a scenario". I can still play a custom game but I'd rather try FfH using the offiial scenarios.

I have the latest update (3.17), I am using version 0.40 of Ffh and have tried reinstalling twice the game+mod...

Any ides?

A solution I found was:
1) Enter C:/.../Beyond the Sword/Mods/Fall from Heaven II/Assets/XML
2) Enter the Scenarios folder
3) Copy the contents to the Fall from heaven II/PublicMaps folder (with the Erebus.py)
4) Load the game, and it should work for you.

I'm having a similar problem. When I say load a scenario, it brings up a screen with most of the maps, plus the option for FFH2 scenarios. When I click that option, it tells me I'm the Bannor civilization, leader Sabathiel, and gives me the option to change descriptions. If I click through that, it will take me to the scenario selection page. But no matter which scenario I choose, there is no "Play" button. If I hit enter after selecting one, it will take me to what I assume is a basic world build setting: one village, no techs or units, and all the tiles are grasslands. And you're always Bannor with Sabathiel.

I tried your fix up above, but I don't see a PublicMaps folder. I did find Erebus.py in the PrivateMaps folder, but when I copied them there, they didn't show up under the scenarios folder in-game. Instead, they showed up with the rest of the maps. I can load them from there, and completing one causes the next one to "unlock" on the scenario loading screen, but I still can't load them from the FFH2 scenario area. Any advice?

But no matter which scenario I choose, there is no "Play" button.

You have to click the button next to the scenario name.

75% of the time, when i start a senario the game crashes. No error notification, nothing. it just stops responding and i have to kill it with task manager.

It does not happen all the time, i have completed the Momus and almost beaten the Barbarian one. But when i try to continue (or even redo) it crashes.

Thanks in advance for any help/insight

For some reason, some people find it more stable if you start an FfH game and then go to the scenario, instead of goign to the scenario from the start menu. You can try it, but I don't promise anything!

Best wishes,

Breunor

Top Bottom