1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot promote Apostles

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by valamas, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Estoqua

Estoqua Chieftain

The issue still persists in 1.0.0.38. If you focus on theological victory you will find yourself able to "choose" only one promotion and later on no promotion at all anymore, even though you get the "unit can be promoted" message after buying an apostle. It happened some time after the price reached over 1000 faith for one. The last promotion left over was the one I never choose. As far I remember I could chose each promotion only twice, which sounds like a hard cap that shouldn't be there.

2. Larsenex

Larsenex King

So how can this be fixed by us since it is not fixed in the Fall Patch. I was trying a Religious victory and its annoying that I have to husband my units so I can use them (my only two debaters).

3. tanktop4158

tanktop4158 Chieftain

me too

4. AmtrakQuebec

AmtrakQuebec King

You know that place by the other place...
    This has been addressed in the Winter Update.

5. EmilyMoby

EmilyMoby Chieftain

Still doing it in multiple games for me post-update. And now it seems to be starting even earlier than before.

6. Piruparka

Piruparka Prince

Can confirm this still occurs after Winter update. Very annoying.

7. Slayan

Slayan Warlord

Even after the patch I still run out of promotions

8. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

I have encountered numerous different issues, some before and some after winter patch.
    1) Apostles run completely out of promotions. This definitely happened before patch, not sure if it also happens after patch.
    2) Apostles start to get only offered one promotion instead of two to choose from, and after the first couple of Apostles always get the Chaplain promotion. This is after the winter patch.
    3) Sidebar says the unit has a promotion, but the unit can't actually be promoted. This also happens after winter patch. Also seems to happen after I build Mont Saint Michel, but not sure if there's a connection or just random. I had a theory this happened because of the one-promotion bug (#2 above) and the random promotion chosen was Martyr and this caused a conflict since unit already has Martyr ability from MSM, but can't confirm this, that's just speculation from my part.

9. Piruparka

Piruparka Prince

Like I said it does.

Can confirm.

As others stated in this thread it is not related to MSM and happens either way.

10. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

On a sidenote, there's a similar bug affecting spies. In my latest game, after a while, my spies went from being offered 3 promotions to being offered 2, and then only 1, and each time it was the one that increases level when recruiting partisans (most useless one, since I never actually found out what it did?).

11. Valmighty

Valmighty Warlord

25 January now, still persist

12. oedali

oedali King

April 24, issue still persists

13. Rosty K

Rosty K King

I had this when I was trying to create lots of apostles for a huge religious assault, but after I spent a few of the prior apostles, promotions became available. I don't remember if I had Mont St Michel in that game.

14. Thibaulthc

Thibaulthc Prince

Happened on my game when apostles reached around 750 faith with theocracy, first ones I still could choose among ONE promotions instead of two, then no more prom at all.
    (1.0.o.129, Spain, standard speed, MsM stS Mahaboti.)
    Ms M probably just speed up the number of apostles before it happens.
    Anybody with the CS or WWthat let you choose your apostles' promotions?

15. Piruparka

Piruparka Prince

Has anybody tried after the Summer (July) patch?

16. Kryxal

Kryxal Chieftain

I've seen apostles given only one promotion via the sidebar button, to get both promotions I had to promote from the unit's information box.

17. snapizzle

snapizzle Chieftain

3 years later
    This still happens
    :(