Cannot promote Apostles

The issue still persists in 1.0.0.38. If you focus on theological victory you will find yourself able to "choose" only one promotion and later on no promotion at all anymore, even though you get the "unit can be promoted" message after buying an apostle. It happened some time after the price reached over 1000 faith for one. The last promotion left over was the one I never choose. As far I remember I could chose each promotion only twice, which sounds like a hard cap that shouldn't be there.

So how can this be fixed by us since it is not fixed in the Fall Patch. I was trying a Religious victory and its annoying that I have to husband my units so I can use them (my only two debaters).

Also have this problem, have built Mont St. Michel, but it worked fine for a while, when I got one apostle with only one option, and then no promotions at all (expect the martyr one), but I still gor irritating pop up saying I should choose a promotion.

me too

I have encountered numerous different issues, some before and some after winter patch.
1) Apostles run completely out of promotions. This definitely happened before patch, not sure if it also happens after patch.
2) Apostles start to get only offered one promotion instead of two to choose from, and after the first couple of Apostles always get the Chaplain promotion. This is after the winter patch.
3) Sidebar says the unit has a promotion, but the unit can't actually be promoted. This also happens after winter patch. Also seems to happen after I build Mont Saint Michel, but not sure if there's a connection or just random. I had a theory this happened because of the one-promotion bug (#2 above) and the random promotion chosen was Martyr and this caused a conflict since unit already has Martyr ability from MSM, but can't confirm this, that's just speculation from my part.

I have encountered numerous different issues, some before and some after winter patch.
1) Apostles run completely out of promotions. This definitely happened before patch, not sure if it also happens after patch.

Like I said it does.

2) Apostles start to get only offered one promotion instead of two to choose from, and after the first couple of Apostles always get the Chaplain promotion. This is after the winter patch.

Can confirm.

Also seems to happen after I build Mont Saint Michel, but not sure if there's a connection or just random. I had a theory this happened because of the one-promotion bug (#2 above) and the random promotion chosen was Martyr and this caused a conflict since unit already has Martyr ability from MSM, but can't confirm this, that's just speculation from my part.

As others stated in this thread it is not related to MSM and happens either way.

On a sidenote, there's a similar bug affecting spies. In my latest game, after a while, my spies went from being offered 3 promotions to being offered 2, and then only 1, and each time it was the one that increases level when recruiting partisans (most useless one, since I never actually found out what it did?).

I had this when I was trying to create lots of apostles for a huge religious assault, but after I spent a few of the prior apostles, promotions became available. I don't remember if I had Mont St Michel in that game.

Happened on my game when apostles reached around 750 faith with theocracy, first ones I still could choose among ONE promotions instead of two, then no more prom at all.
(1.0.o.129, Spain, standard speed, MsM stS Mahaboti.)
Ms M probably just speed up the number of apostles before it happens.
Anybody with the CS or WWthat let you choose your apostles' promotions?

I've seen apostles given only one promotion via the sidebar button, to get both promotions I had to promote from the unit's information box.

Top Bottom